<s> HTML showing incorrectly in profiles

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

<s> HTML showing incorrectly in profiles

Postby eishiya » June 21st, 2017, 3:35 pm

The <s> strikethrough HTML tag was allowed a while back in comments, and worked perfectly for a while. It still works correctly on comic sites, but shows up incorrectly in profiles. I think it became broken like this with the redesign a few months ago.

Comparison of incorrect display in profiles (top) and correct display on comic sites (bottom):

It's incorrect in both user and comic profiles.
The other formatting tags (<i>, <b>, <u>) work correctly everywhere.
eishiya

Re: <s> HTML showing incorrectly in profiles

Postby TheJGamer » June 21st, 2017, 7:16 pm

eishiya wrote:The other formatting tags (<i>, <b>, <u>) work correctly everywhere.

That's weird. The <i> tag didn't seem to work in my profile.
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby eishiya » June 21st, 2017, 7:28 pm

TheJGamer wrote:
eishiya wrote:The other formatting tags (<i>, <b>, <u>) work correctly everywhere.

Interesting o: When was this? Could you make a test comment somewhere to check whether it still doesn't work?
eishiya

Postby TheJGamer » June 21st, 2017, 9:34 pm

eishiya wrote:
TheJGamer wrote:

Interesting o: When was this? Could you make a test comment somewhere to check whether it still doesn't work?

A few days ago. Tags in comments work fine, though.
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Return to Bugs & Glitches