Site unable to load on mobile, too many redirects

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Site unable to load on mobile, too many redirects

Postby Alexis_Royce » April 5th, 2018, 8:08 am

Heya! For the past few months, I've been having difficulty loading either of my websites on my iphone. When I attempt to access them, both evilplan.thewebcomic.com and sire.thewebcomic.com attempt to rapidly redirect to each other, until I get an error screen with "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred." I've tried clearing my cache and history, but that only temporarily solves the problem. I've also started to get complaints from readers that they can't access my comics on mobile either. When I access the main site, or use the "smackjeeves.com" domain, things work fine, it just appears to be the "thewebcomic.com" domain that is causing the trouble. Thanks for listening, and let me know if I can give any further info!
Alexis_Royce

Re: Site unable to load on mobile, too many redirects

Postby Admin » April 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm

What makes you say they're trying to redirect to each other? (as opposed to smackjeeves.com for example. I think this is the likely scenario as this is how we establish the user session across domains).
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alexis_Royce » April 6th, 2018, 9:02 am

Oh shoot! I was super unclear! Yes, each separate comic is flipping back and forth between "thewebcomic.com" and "smackjeeves.com". I mean to say that the issue was happening separately, on each site. I'm very sorry about that, I could've worded it much better.
Alexis_Royce

Postby Admin » April 6th, 2018, 10:14 am

That's no problem, just wanted to make sure I understood the problem correctly. I'll look into it!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs & Glitches