People can see comics that haven't been publicly released?

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

People can see comics that haven't been publicly released?

Postby WalkedAway » December 29th, 2009, 9:36 am

I noticed this on my comic when I saw this:

At first I thought it was just my comic, then I went to read someone else's comic (obviously I'm not an authour of it ) and saw THIS:

SO. YES.
I don't think that's supposed to happen TuT;;
ffff thankyou for reading ;;@___@
WalkedAway

Re: People can see comics that haven't been publicly released?

Postby heigei » December 29th, 2009, 9:47 am

Yep, something funky is going on :c this might not be totally the same, but this webcomic I sarted following two days ago or something, only had one page up, but according to the "# of comics" thingie it was supposed to have TWO comics up x_X but I couldn't see the second one?
heigei

Postby AyaneSensei » December 29th, 2009, 10:52 am

Yea, I noticed that this morning when reading White Noise...freaky...;A;
AyaneSensei

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2009, 11:20 am

Way to fall asleep on the crapper SJ staff! I didn't spend the better part of a month on my comics, so that everyone could see what happens all the way up to late January, before they were supposed to. Now if I wanna keep my readers coming, I have to whip up ANOTHER month and a half's worth of strips upon returning home from my Christmas trip! This sort of royal screw up never happened prior to the "improvements" I can tell you that. Can't wait for the PR excuse given for this one.

Postby Dan » December 29th, 2009, 11:50 am

Sorry guys. I had to basically re-code the webcomic viewing script in order to incorporate the upcoming chapter management system, and it seems I made a mistake in letting unreleased comics display publicly. I'm fairly sure now that I've fixed the issue - visiting comics on a non-author account, I can now only see what is supposed to be publicly released.
Dan
Site Admin

Postby WalkedAway » December 29th, 2009, 2:10 pm

Yep, the problem is fixed now~ TuTb
Thankyou so much, haha! And sorry for troubling youu ;;;0;
WalkedAway

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2009, 3:19 pm

I'm still having the trouble that, if I'm logged in, the "Latest Comic" displays the ones hidden from the public rather than the latest public page. It's not really a huge problem, because it does show the latest published page when I'm logged out; it simply makes it more difficult for me to figure out what the current page is.

Thanks!

Postby Dan » December 29th, 2009, 3:38 pm

Konayashi wrote:I'm still having the trouble that, if I'm logged in, the "Latest Comic" displays the ones hidden from the public rather than the latest public page. It's not really a huge problem, because it does show the latest published page when I'm logged out; it simply makes it more difficult for me to figure out what the current page is.

Thanks!

Interesting point. How do others feel about this? Would you rather see the latest public comic or the absolute latest comic when you're the author and you visit "latest comic"?
Dan
Site Admin

Postby Shard » December 29th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Naturally, there's advantages to both being able to see the ones you pre-set and not being able to see them, so I think users should be able to decide whether they want to be able to see their own preset comics or not...
ImageImage
Shard

Postby trenton_dawn » December 29th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Shard wrote:Naturally, there's advantages to both being able to see the ones you pre-set and not being able to see them, so I think users should be able to decide whether they want to be able to see their own preset comics or not...

I don't think he's talking about their visibility to the author, just about where the "Latest Comic" link should point.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Return to Bugs & Glitches