Advertisements missing?

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Advertisements missing?

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2010, 11:21 am

I started to notice the Advertisements on comics are vanishing.

Is this something with my browser, just my comic and\or is it something to do with the site?

Just curious.

Re: Advertisements missing?

Postby Czar Squid » February 1st, 2010, 11:43 am

Are you talking about the Advertisements in Author Comments? Then, yes they vanish when your log in. However, when you log out, they appear back in your comments. Without you seeing them. It's a new advertising feature that Smack Jeeves has added. A simple text message that does no one any real harm.
Someone causing problems on the forum? Then use this Image
Czar Squid

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2010, 12:15 pm

Yes,

That is what I'm talking about. But, they are just a blank comment with what looks to be a black box, there is no actual content to it when I views it as a guest.

Postby trenton_dawn » February 1st, 2010, 6:50 pm

Is it possible that some kind of ad-blocking software is preventing them from displaying?
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2010, 7:29 pm

trenton_dawn wrote:Is it possible that some kind of ad-blocking software is preventing them from displaying?

I thought so.

I did go through Opera and found nothing amiss, so, I don't know why they seem blank... It appears this way across the whole site though.

Return to Bugs & Glitches