Problematic Advertisements - Report them here

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Re: Problematic Advertisements - Report them here

Postby Mary Goglia » January 11th, 2015, 9:28 am

I don't think I'll go on sj for a while, until this issue is solved. Really disappointed about this. :(
Mary Goglia

Postby blankd » January 11th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Mary Goglia wrote:Lenore.mgz is part of the URL of this random website redirect. Everything was working fine after making my previous post on this thread until now. And after getting the redirect, it somehow had me logged out of the smackjeeves site and I had to sign in again. This time it came up when I went to click from the cover page to the next page on a Webcomic.
I have been thinking of posting my comic on smackjeeves, but after seeing all these glitch issues that other users have been having... I'm not so sure now. :/
The Webcomic that this random redirect was Rapturous Arcane, a comic that I am familiar with reading on other sites.
Hello I have checked out website and did not encounter this redirect glitch you seem to be experiencing. I understand that this is frustrating but it has been (according to forum clock) been <24 hours since you first filed/posted this report, please be a little more patient as admin needs time to look into this.

I should also note that short of one other report in November, the last glitch report was back in 2012.

That being said on my own visit to the pages, I did not encounter this redirect. I am using Firefox and I am currently logged in when checking out comics.

You may want to include what browser you were using and if you were logged in or out when you got these redirects.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Mary Goglia » January 13th, 2015, 11:38 am

blankd wrote:
Mary Goglia wrote:Lenore.mgz is part of the URL of this random website redirect. Everything was working fine after making my previous post on this thread until now. And after getting the redirect, it somehow had me logged out of the smackjeeves site and I had to sign in again. This time it came up when I went to click from the cover page to the next page on a Webcomic.
I have been thinking of posting my comic on smackjeeves, but after seeing all these glitch issues that other users have been having... I'm not so sure now. :/
The Webcomic that this random redirect was Rapturous Arcane, a comic that I am familiar with reading on other sites.
Hello I have checked out website and did not encounter this redirect glitch you seem to be experiencing. I understand that this is frustrating but it has been (according to forum clock) been <24 hours since you first filed/posted this report, please be a little more patient as admin needs time to look into this.

I should also note that short of one other report in November, the last glitch report was back in 2012.

That being said on my own visit to the pages, I did not encounter this redirect. I am using Firefox and I am currently logged in when checking out comics.

You may want to include what browser you were using and if you were logged in or out when you got these redirects.

Hi blankd,

I'm sorry to you, the admin, and anyone else that reads this about my previous comments on this thread being rude in any way. The reason why I kept posting comments on this thread was because I kept typing what was going on as it happened.
I know that the admin can't answer right away the minute I post the comment, I should have just been updating my one comment than making multiple in order to not have my comments misinterpreted that I wanted it solved right away.

I was panicking a lot because I really like smackjeeves and was just starting to use it more than I have been over the past two years. My Webcomic is currently on inkblazers, a site that I have been using for two years (and my first social networking account, so there's a lot of sentimental value to it as well as being familiar through IB with a lot of web friends on it) but they've recently announced that they're shutting down February 1st.

I was thinking of using smackjeeves as one of the main upload sites for my comic/reading comics because I like the ability to personalize the web design layout of one's Webcomic than having a single web design, it's a really nice alternative since I can't afford my own domain and website right now.

When I had the redirect situation the other day, I started to worry that I wouldn't be able to use smackjeeves for my comic and was sort of panicking about it and that I thought I might be getting a virus from it. Right now, I'm using smackjeeves for a little because I figured maybe it's been fixed. The random redirect isn't coming up so far, but it seemed the other days that it would come up at random, not from any particular Webcomic/location on smackjeeves. I'm using an iPad mini on the safari browser to read comics on smackjeeves, I forgot to mention that before.

Again, I'm really sorry about any of my comments being rude. I wasn't in a good mood due to the frustration of the site redirect issue, one of my favorite Webcomic/art sites shutting down, and trying to finish making some bonus intro pages for my comic before uploading anywhere else. And also telling everyone on IB (800+ people I follow/331 people following me/40 following my comic) where my comic is going to be in a good enough time before my next semester starts and before Feb. 1st when inkblazers shuts down.

I really like smackjeeves and I didn't mean to talk bad about it or anything in my previous comment, this site is really cool and I wished that I used this site more often, not just to upload my comic. There are many interesting comics on here that I didn't know about before, which I will look more into after I have everything settled with my comic and on inkblazers.

Again, I apologize for my rudeness and thank you for your time,

Mary
Mary Goglia

Postby blankd » January 13th, 2015, 10:37 pm

Mary Goglia wrote:[snip]When I had the redirect situation the other day, I started to worry that I wouldn't be able to use smackjeeves for my comic and was sort of panicking about it and that I thought I might be getting a virus from it. Right now, I'm using smackjeeves for a little because I figured maybe it's been fixed. The random redirect isn't coming up so far, but it seemed the other days that it would come up at random, not from any particular Webcomic/location on smackjeeves. I'm using an iPad mini on the safari browser to read comics on smackjeeves, I forgot to mention that before.[/snip]
Mary
It's fine, don't worry, you're incredibly stressed given the circumstances and redirects can be harrowing in of themselves. (Quoting this part since it has most relevant info)

I'm not entirely familiar with Safari's stability for SJ or that you were using mobile, so that will certainly be helpful for admin. If you have other questions or run into errors, feel free to post them in this thread.
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Just because you've proven something blankd doesn't mean I have to believe it.

Image Image
blankd

Postby Admin » January 14th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Hi Mary,

I'm very sorry you were experiencing this redirect issue recently. This is the first I've heard of it and as of now I'm unable to reproduce it or confirm the source. Hopefully it was a fluke, but if it occurs again or if any other problematic behavior occurs, please let me know and I will investigate.

Thanks,
Dan / Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mary Goglia » January 14th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Mary,

I'm very sorry you were experiencing this redirect issue recently. This is the first I've heard of it and as of now I'm unable to reproduce it or confirm the source. Hopefully it was a fluke, but if it occurs again or if any other problematic behavior occurs, please let me know and I will investigate.

Thanks,
Dan / Admin

@Admin

I'm not sure if it was a fluke. I did some google searching to try to figure out why I was getting the site redirect and found in the google search results that someone else on smackjeeves had the same issue, as mentioned by daidaishar on the Dec. 11 2014 comment under the Moonfire comment feed: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=75264
That user had the same issue as me and with the same site I was randomly sent to. Hope this helps.
Mary Goglia

Postby Admin » January 17th, 2015, 7:42 pm

This article seems to address what was probably affecting us as well:
http://marketingland.com/google-says-ad ... ers-114573

Again, please report any continued incidences of this. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pantherbrine » January 21st, 2015, 4:48 pm

I keep getting a random Ad that covers the entire screen. The ad is only in the corner but the entire screen turns white. This is the third time this has happened now and so far it hasn't happened in the same place, it appears randomly. I'm sorry if this has already been brought up. Thanks!
Attachments
Ad Example for Smackjeeves.png
Picture of the ad
Ad Example for Smackjeeves.png (172.15 KiB) Viewed 21455 times
Pantherbrine

Postby JoKeR » January 22nd, 2015, 8:18 am

Well ...my comic is meant for teens and above ...but I don't think a erectile dysfunction ad is really the best advertisement for my target audience.

Edit-------------
And another one...

maybe nsfw...
Spoiler! :
image.png
(412 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Edit-----------------
image2.png
(250.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Admin » January 22nd, 2015, 9:15 pm

Strange, in German too. Do you live in Germany at least?

I'll see what I can do about getting these disabled.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » January 23rd, 2015, 9:08 am

Admin wrote:Strange, in German too. Do you live in Germany at least?

I'll see what I can do about getting these disabled.

Yes I live in Germany. ;)

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Mary Goglia » February 2nd, 2015, 12:04 pm

Admin wrote:This article seems to address what was probably affecting us as well:
http://marketingland.com/google-says-ad ... ers-114573

Again, please report any continued incidences of this. Thanks.

Okay, thank you! :) Now I can post my Webcomic on here (okay, might be this summer because I just got back to school but still)! :D :D
Mary Goglia

Postby mitchellbravo » May 3rd, 2015, 5:17 pm

Not sure if this is the same problem technically, but I just went to click the link to someone's profile from here on the forums (clicking the little icon that appears under their username on the right) and got redirected to "Adult Friend Finder!" with a naked lady smiling happily at me. Back-buttoned and then tried it again and it didn't happen the second time, so I guess it was probably a fluke thing but I figured I'd mention it incase it becomes part of a larger trend.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby TheFunTrain » May 3rd, 2015, 5:48 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:Not sure if this is the same problem technically, but I just went to click the link to someone's profile from here on the forums (clicking the little icon that appears under their username on the right) and got redirected to "Adult Friend Finder!" with a naked lady smiling happily at me. Back-buttoned and then tried it again and it didn't happen the second time, so I guess it was probably a fluke thing but I figured I'd mention it incase it becomes part of a larger trend.

I saw this same "advertisement" by clicking on a comic profile linked in a signature.
TheFunTrain

Scam Advertisement seen from German IP

Postby JoKeR » February 21st, 2016, 10:53 am

I check every now and then my page with an iPod touch and for a few days I got this kind of advertisement on it.
SchlechteWerbungSJ.png
(116.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet

It's a Scam-ad which direct you to a page where you are offered a Apple product as price if you give all your personal information. You have to agree to the terms that the private information are given to third parties for spam (product information) mails... My target audience are teens and young adults ...This kind of ad is pretty inappropriate for those people.

I'll look for the link to the scam page. BRB.
Spoiler! :
This is inside the script for the ad:
<script src="https://s1.adformdsp.net/stoat/570/s1.adformdsp.net/load/v/0.0.64/e/jQBBw/i/hYAAAAAAA/r:AdConstructor:contents/HTML:types/Standard"></script>

Couldn't find the link because I had to click it... and without NoScript activated is this not going to happen.

JoKeR

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs & Glitches