Trojan in favorites page

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Trojan in favorites page

Postby pokepalace » November 13th, 2010, 9:38 pm

When I go to the favorites page, Kapersky Anti-Virus blocks it because it contains HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer.
Please fix this and save your users pcs!
pokepalace

Re: Trojan in favorites page

Postby pokepalace » November 13th, 2010, 10:03 pm

It also happens on some other pages too. Could this be from ads?
pokepalace

Postby Toashtee » January 8th, 2011, 3:17 am

Hi,

I know this thread is from November and there are some other threads like this, but since this appears to be the most recent, I'll post here.

I, too, have Kaspersky, which was a recent purchase. Since then, at various times I've been denied access to various parts of SmackJeeves (I'd like to point out that this is my first post and I rarely surf these forums); sometimes to the home page, sometimes to profiles - I can't remember if this problem has also occurred when trying to access actual comics. It's always the same (HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer); exactly what this (http://www.smackjeeves.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4027&p=64508&hilit=trojan#p64508) person was experiencing (just different URLs, obviously).

Not sure what's going on but I figured it might be useful to know that the problem is still ongoing.
Toashtee

Postby Kwejeebo » January 16th, 2011, 12:54 pm

I was getting it too with Kaspersky. I wasn't getting it until I unblocked the banners for Smack Jeeves, though. What I did to get rid of the problem was just keep the banners blocked here. Can't see the banners for the webcomics, but I don't get the virus thingie any more.

Edit: x_x I take it back! That's not working anymore now either.
Kwejeebo

Postby Zopelthe543 » February 28th, 2011, 3:02 am

I have also been getting this problem at a friends computer. Not only does it happen when I try to check my favorites but it also happens when ever I browse the the comics on the homepage. My friend uses internet explorer and has some type of anti-virus software that informs me that there's some trojan that was attempting to attack the computer. I've never had this problem at my house but that's because I don't have any anti-virus protection like that and maybe because I use firefox. Anyways after getting this problem at a friends comp I don't try going to smackjeeves on my computer either. if you guys can fix this problem (the guys who run the site) asap that would be great.
Zopelthe543

Return to Bugs & Glitches