Viruses everywhere

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Viruses everywhere

Postby animedragonbumblebee » March 15th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Okay, I've read the other forum posts about the Trojan in favorites, my webcomics, etc.
But I'm getting sick and tired of having to click back three to six times just to upload more pages or look at my favorites! Each time threatening with a virus. I use the newest Klaspersky anti-virus, and luckily so far i haven't gotten any bugs on my computer, but can someone give me any information on how to avoid this issue?
Much appreciated~ I really enjoy this site and i would hate to get a virus from it...
animedragonbumblebee

Re: Viruses everywhere

Postby Guest » March 18th, 2011, 2:32 pm

I can't give you any advice (because it's happening to me too) but I'm not on Klaspersky - I'm using Norton. The SJ admin team had replied to a post previously, saying how it must be a false alarm with that particular anti-virus software. I don't think so.

My symptoms are: getting randomly re-directed from time to time (not only on favourites - on individual comics and comic pages too) to a site called deepantivirusscan.com, and a lil box pops up expecting me to believe that if I download THEIR anti-virus it'll clear all the millions of viruses I have. Go figure. Almost immediately afterwards, Norton takes over and announces a recent attack to my computer was just blocked and I have to close my browser down.

This has been happening for weeks. Surely it requires more than just a "oh, we can't see the problem straight away, so we'll assume it's a false alarm"? I feel for the poor users who aren't as computer savvy and don't have themselves a decent anti-virus software.

Please fix this! It's more than a little irritating and doesn't make me feel particularly secure while browsing the site - in fact, I try to stay away from SJ as often as I can because of this recent issue.

Return to Bugs & Glitches