Link breaking in Author's Comments

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Link breaking in Author's Comments

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 4th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Having an odd problem, and if there's already a thread about it, I can't find it. I put in the basic <a href="link">Word</a>, and it shows up fine except that it still has the </a> visible at the end. I've also noticed an occasional space in the middle of the linked word. I am just clueless here.

<a href="http://sjac.smackjeeves.com/comics/993567/breaking-the-rules-by-h0lyhandgrenade/">Sketch</a>
http://sjac.smackjeeves.com/comics/9952 ... biasedman/

<a href="http://sjac.smackjeeves.com/comics/1032657/can-you-hear-me-by-h0lyhandgrenade/">Sketch</a>
http://sjac.smackjeeves.com/comics/1081 ... by-bricks/

Edit: I just realised that if I take out the slash at the end of the link, it fixes the </a>, but not the random space. I have no idea why maybe one link out of twenty would make the html break just because of a slash.
Ddraigeneth

Re: Link breaking in Author's Comments

Postby Amante » April 4th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Oddly enough, if you look at your source code, it even says you've spaced it out.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby trenton_dawn » April 4th, 2011, 8:05 pm

To avoid long lines of text stretching the page, line breaks are automatically inserted every...I don't know, 70-80 characters. I don't think these actually happen in the middle of tags anymore, like they used to (at least, I think they used to). This feature shouldn't be necessary in Author Comments, really.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby eishiya » April 4th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Amante: Not too odd. She didn't space it, SJ does this automatically, I assume to prevent long page-stretching strings of text. I've written more on this in a similar topic: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7761&p=129173
eishiya

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 4th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Ooh, I see, thank you. Makes sense why the two it happened with were H0ly's sketches, when you get longer titles combined with a long name. So, just sticking a space before the word "Sketch" fixed it perfectly in this case.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Admin » April 12th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Alright, this should be fixed now without requiring any finagling.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ddraigeneth » April 12th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Good to know <3
Ddraigeneth

Return to Bugs & Glitches