Mature questions keeps repeating

Is something wonky on the site? Describe the problem to us, and we'll fix it ASAP.
Forum rules
Bug Reporting Guidelines

Before Posting
Please make sure someone hasn't already reported the problem you're experiencing before creating a new topic. Confirmed issues have been stickied in this forum.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when starting a bug topic. Example: "Comic images not showing up" Do not use vague titles like, "problem" or "uh ohh"

2) Describe your problem in detail. Explain exactly what is wrong. Post images, screen shots, links, code snippets - whatever is relevant. The better the information you provide, the better the solution you will receive.

3) Be polite and patient. We fix these issues as fast as we can. Please be patient with us as we work toward a solution.

Mature questions keeps repeating

Postby Flari » April 8th, 2011, 5:04 pm

The Problem I'm having right now is that the automatic question that shows up for comics rated not safe for kids keeps showing up even after I pressed the OK button. It's not just that the message stays, but that it goes away for a moment as if it would redirect me to the comic, but then appears again and this never ends, pressing cancel just brings me to the SJ main page. (For example on this page)

Anyone knows what or why this is or how it can be fixed?
"What is stupid as an subject in german?" - "Dumpfbacke, Schwachkopf, Dummkopf, Hirni, Dumme Kuh, Blöer Esel, Dummerchen, which one would you like?"
Flari

Re: Mature questions keeps repeating

Postby eishiya » April 8th, 2011, 6:42 pm

This is a known issue, and I think there are other topics about it.

I don't think it's known why it happens, but one way to bypass it is to disable Javascript temporarily to force the HTML-based mature warning to show up instead of the pop-up. If you're logged in, you can also set mature warnings not to display at all.

Also, this can happen on ANY SJ site marked mature, it's a problem with the Mature warning system, not any particular comic. It might not show up for others at all, or it might. I don't know what causes it.
eishiya

Return to Bugs & Glitches