Adblock Friendly Advertising On SmackJeeves

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Adblock Friendly Advertising On SmackJeeves

Postby cultbasilisk1989 » September 5th, 2017, 3:18 pm

I have been investigating routes of promotion for my site and I saw that SJ does have advertising.

However, when I went to the site, the whole thing was blocked by UBlock.

Now I am seeing banners on the front page which seem to be for other SJ sites.

Could I get some information about how that works? Are these local ads? Or do they go through the projectwonderful.com ad servers? (which would get blocked by UBlock and other lists)

If I do spend money on ads, I would like them served locally (this would be the suggestion of this post) and not by a 3rd party who has been blocked on one of the major Ad Block list.

Thanks!
cultbasilisk1989

Re: Adblock Friendly Advertising On SmackJeeves

Postby eishiya » September 5th, 2017, 3:21 pm

They are local ads.
eishiya

Postby cultbasilisk1989 » September 5th, 2017, 3:31 pm

eishiya wrote:They are local ads.

Ok. Sounds good. So just use the project wonderful link?
cultbasilisk1989

Postby eishiya » September 5th, 2017, 3:39 pm

cultbasilisk1989 wrote:

No. Project Wonderful ads are served from PW. The ads you're seeing are SJ's own ad rotation, still in the testing stages. You can find more info on those here.
eishiya

Postby cultbasilisk1989 » September 5th, 2017, 3:56 pm

eishiya wrote:
cultbasilisk1989 wrote:

No. Project Wonderful ads are served from PW. The ads you're seeing are SJ's own ad rotation, still in the testing stages. You can find more info on those here.

Ah. I see. I will go that route then!
cultbasilisk1989

Return to Suggestions & Feedback