Multiple early access comic pgs for different Patreon Tiers

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Multiple early access comic pgs for different Patreon Tiers

Postby Riana » May 4th, 2018, 5:40 am

I've been recently taking advantage of the Patreon implementation in my corner of SJ and so far my Patrons really love accessing early pages on the site! They said it was much easier to follow the story than digging around through Patreon so I'm excited to do the same with other rewards on a bonus content page!

That being said, I have multiple tiers of early access pages on my Patreon ($1+ Patrons see pages one week in advance, $5+ Patrons see pages two weeks in advanced, and $10+ Patrons see pages 3 weeks in advance), and it would be swell if I can accommodate all those tiers on the main site instead of just one.

I did ask my patrons to see if they're ok with me simplifying the early access tiers to just one early access page for everyone so I can streamline Patreon and the site more. While the option to reduce the early access to one page did have a majority, it was a small majority so it's worth suggesting if there can be multiple early access pages as a feature in the future.
Last edited by Riana on May 9th, 2018, 4:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Riana

Re: Multiple early access pages for different Patreon Tiers

Postby MK_Wizard » May 4th, 2018, 8:11 am

I use a similar system. I have tried to sell products online, but I don't like doing that through Patreon. It gets too weird. I prefer the early access system.
MK_Wizard

Re: Multiple early access comic pgs for different Patreon Ti

Postby Riana » May 9th, 2018, 4:49 pm

I wanted to bump this because I clarified the title to mean comic pages and I also wanted to mention I got confusion from a patron from one of the higher tiers I've mentioned as to why they couldn't see their early page on the SJ site.
Riana

Postby Admin » May 9th, 2018, 10:27 pm

This shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll need to do it in a way that makes sense interface-wise, but other than that, totally possible. Thanks for the suggestion.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Riana » May 10th, 2018, 8:09 am

Admin wrote:This shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll need to do it in a way that makes sense interface-wise, but other than that, totally possible. Thanks for the suggestion.

Awesome! Thanks, I really appreciate it! And you're welcome as well!

If I may, I can imagine it could be something similar to the interface for adding extra files, there being a "+add tier" button or something like that. I'm sure what ends up being used will be great though. :)
Riana

Postby Admin » May 18th, 2018, 5:19 pm

So I've thought about this some more and I've realized it's actually a little more complicated than I first thought. The reason being the way comic profiles are displayed right now has already been complicated by Patreon status - there's basically two versions of comic profiles for patrons and non-patrons. This would add further complication and require a complete rewrite of how that system works. That being said, it's still on the table, but it's going to take a bit more time to make happen.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Riana » May 22nd, 2018, 4:24 am

Admin wrote:So I've thought about this some more and I've realized it's actually a little more complicated than I first thought. The reason being the way comic profiles are displayed right now has already been complicated by Patreon status - there's basically two versions of comic profiles for patrons and non-patrons. This would add further complication and require a complete rewrite of how that system works. That being said, it's still on the table, but it's going to take a bit more time to make happen.

I understand! It's a bummer that it's more complicated than first thought, but I really appreciate you looking into it. :) My patrons and I are looking forward to it whenever it gets implemented!
Riana

Return to Suggestions & Feedback