Option to not delete Author Comments when leaving a comic

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Option to not delete Author Comments when leaving a comic

Postby eishiya » November 16th, 2011, 10:21 pm

When an author leaves a comic, all of that author's Author Comments are deleted. There's no warning about this, and there's no way to have it not happen, other than by going through every page and manually setting the comments to be regular comments.

I think upon leaving a comic, an author should be given the option to choose one of three things to do with any Author comments they may have on the pages:
Delete all author comments. This is what currently happens.
Downgrade all author comments to regular comments. This would break any advanced HTML in them (links, DIVs, lists, etc), but it'll preserve them, at least.
Leave author comments as author comments. I don't know if that's possible, but if it is, I'd love to see this option. Many of my comments on comics I participate(d) in are quite relevant and should be at the top, but staying with a comic just for this is a pain. Given that one has to be an author to add them and I don't see any reason to check whether that person is still an author, I think it should be doable.

I think that if another author kicks an author out, they should be given these same options for that person's comments too.
eishiya

Re: Option to not delete Author Comments when leaving a comic

Postby Admin » January 3rd, 2012, 11:50 pm

I see your point here. The good news is author comments aren't deleted when an author leaves, they just aren't displayed afterwards. "Leave author comments as author comments" could certainly be added as an option... the other one is a bit messier, so I don't like it =P
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Feedback