page ratings

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Re: page ratings

Postby Gibson Twist » December 7th, 2009, 9:54 am

SuperBiasedMan wrote:As an alternative, granmastern mentioned a good idea:

granmastern wrote:What if the rating system was replaced by just one button that said "I like this page", and it would show how many people like this page. then your profile page would have a section with these pages that you like so other people can see the pages you like... essentially something like digg but integrated into SJ.

I'd say I don't personally care what it is, as long as I can turn it off.
Gibson Twist

Postby mosama » December 7th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Loverofpiggies wrote: Doing it this way might actually put some pressure on people to vote even if they really dont want to, and I dont want to do anything like that. I mean voting isnt that big of a deal. If you do a feature like this anyway, I'd like to be able to disable it.

well its not like we're putting pressure on them to do drugs XD we're putting pressure on them to use a feature of the website thats been long forgotten and neglected by pretty much everyone. I agree that the authors should have an option at disabling it, but i really think adding this in is a vary harmless way of promoting a long forgotten feature that i didn't even realize was so looked down upon by so many. I think incorporating this may even get more people to comment opposed to them just rating a page and leaving, if we combine them then the readers will do both and you'll get there overall uncut opinion and feedback on your page/comic, and i think listening to the readers feedback is a vary important thing to do so if this helps defining there feedback im all for it.
mosama

Postby Gibson Twist » December 8th, 2009, 8:24 am

No one is saying that the feature shouldn't be implemented, we just want to be able to opt out if it is. No need to be so defensive. Personally, though, I don't think it will provide a better level of feedback, it'll just make people feel bad about their comic when they get a 3 rating, but that's just my opinion. If others want it, we're all for them getting it, we just want to be able to turn it off, that's all.
Gibson Twist

Postby Asj » December 8th, 2009, 10:37 am

I like the rating stars. ^_^"
If there was a thing in the comments, you probably couldn't use the same pictures as on the actual page, and I like how you can manipulate those, and if there's only one rating, you wouldn't have much freedom designing stuff, either. I do think that it's really easy to ignore the rating stars after a few pages, though.
Asj

Postby kcspice » October 8th, 2016, 10:07 pm

I found this post, and the idea is still good. Can this still be a thing?
kcspice

Previous

Return to Suggestions & Feedback