Updated contact info

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Updated contact info

Postby Captain Ghost » November 23rd, 2014, 3:17 am

I ran a quick search to see if anything came up and didn't find anything, so my apologies if it's been brought up before!

But anyway, I went to update my forum profile for the first time in a long time for the heck of it, and noticed that a lot of the contact info you can fill in seems a tad... outdated (to my knowledge anyway).

I'm not sure if folks use ICQ/AOL/MSN/Yahoo/Jabber much-- A few I am unfamiliar with so I don't know if they're popular or what, but it seems like it'd be nice to get a few more modern options in there -- like Skype, for example, or maybe Steam.
(I think there are at least one of two other ones people use predominantly nowadays but they escape my memory.)

Just midnight musings. ^^;
Captain Ghost

Re: Updated contact info

Postby eishiya » November 23rd, 2014, 9:28 am

I second this! I know quite a few people still use AIM, but I haven't heard of anyone using the others in years! MSN Messenger isn't even a thing anymore, it got absorbed into Skype.
I think Steam might not be a very appropriate option, but maybe someone else can chime in. I don't know of anyone who uses it as a primary (or even secondary) IM service, it seems like something people only use when they're playing full-screen games. But hey, some people play so much of those that it may as well be a primary IM service worth mentioning xP I don't know.

My suggestions:
Chat:
AIM
Google? (Do people still use their chat?)

Social networks:
Twitter
Tumblr
Facebook? (Is this one still popular among comic creators for personal pages? It seems people only use them to make dead fan pages for their comics.)

2017 edit: Discord?
eishiya

Postby Admin » December 1st, 2014, 3:15 am

Yeah, good point. Stickying this.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » January 10th, 2015, 9:15 am

ICQ and Jabber are still popular ...Jabber is even safer than ICQ.
MSN is obsolete.
I don't know the AOL IM.

Steam could be interesting.
How about Patreon?
what do you think about http://www.about.me?
http://about.me/JoKeRcologne ...it's very easy micro webpages network.

eishiya wrote:Facebook? (Is this one still popular among comic creators for personal pages? It seems people only use them to make dead fan pages for their comics.)
Don't take me for a bad example .... :mrgreen:

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby WindowMaker » July 3rd, 2017, 7:32 am

As far as I know, MSN Messenger service is discontinued (and replaced by Skype).

For Jabber, I don't know if was meant just for jabber.org, or any XMPP address in general? If it is the latter, people who use Google Talk or other XMPP providers can use this field as well (I used to use Google Talk that way). Either way, it's not obsolete.
WindowMaker

Return to Suggestions & Feedback