Bookmarks for favorited comics?

What would you like to see on Smack Jeeves? What are we doing well? Could we improve? Let us know!
Forum rules
Suggestions & Feedback Posting Guidelines
The purpose of this board is to allow community members to suggest new features or changes to be added to Smack Jeeves. Even if you aren't sure of a specific solution, but you recognize the need for an improvement, point it out!

Before Posting
Please browse/search the forum to make sure your suggestion hasn't already been made by someone else. If you find an idea similar to yours, post your contributing thoughts to that thread. Don't start a new thread unless your idea is significantly different from existing suggestions.

Rules

1) Use a descriptive title when making a suggestion or pointing out the need for improvement.

2) Describe the problem / solution in detail. First, explain why there is a problem or a need for a new feature to begin with. Then, describe your proposed solution (if you have one) clearly and effectively.

3) Respect others' ideas. If you disagree with someone else's ideas or suggestions, respectfully and factually state why. While debate over different solutions is fine, insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Sticky System
Suggestions that have been approved and chosen for implementation by the development team will be stickied. When development begins on an idea, that topic will be moved to the New Features & Changes in Progress board.

Bookmarks for favorited comics?

Postby corienne » February 15th, 2019, 9:41 pm

I know some comics have a 'bookmark' ability but I haven't seen them on very many that I read which leads me to think it's something the author has to activate.

I'm wondering if we could have like a bookmark option for every comic/comics in your favorites that will let you pick up where you left off, like a button between the "Begin Reading" and "Latest Comic" button that says like "Bookmarked Page" or something.

Sometimes my life gets crazy busy and I forget about SJ for like....... months. And with like comics that have 400-800ish pages, I don't want to reread the whole thing to find where I left off if the bookmark option isn't there. (Also I just remembered there are some comics my bf and I only read when we're together so that's not always) Is this something that can be done? I know you could bookmark the webpage in your browser, but I use the site on mobile and desktop and sometimes those dont sync right

Do other people have this issue? I've let a few really really good comics just sort of.... float on by me because I can't be arsed to sift through all those pages. :/ If the bookmark function actually does work on all comics, let me know... I'm not very smart sometimes and need to be walked through some things :lol:
corienne

Return to Suggestions & Feedback