Help with the apperance of news archive and news page

Working on a new template and need help? Come here for support.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Help with the apperance of news archive and news page

Postby atomicbomb23 » January 7th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Hello I'm sorry to be posting here again but sense this is a separate thing now I need help with now I'd figure I'd post it separately!

Firstly I need help centering everything on the page here: http://lifessweettreat.smackjeeves.com/news/

I'm not sure where to go to change the alignment for everything on this page or if I need a specific code to override and change it to be centered :(

Secondly I'd like to change the date color on the news post text from grayish to the color I have for all of my text! I managed to change the post title color but I have no clue how to change the date color for them

Lastly I need help with the news archive page please! When you click on older news it takes you to the archive and it looks fine just the comment box has a white line going up on the website here: http://lifessweettreat.smackjeeves.com/news-archive/
and I'm not sure how I would get rid of that line appearing

I'm sorry I'm asking for a lot of help with this but I would greatly appreciate it and thank you for reading/helping!
atomicbomb23

Re: Help with the apperance of news archive and news page

Postby eishiya » January 7th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Are you using your browser's Inspect tools? They should help you answer all of these questions yourself very quickly. For example, if you right+click and Inspect (or Inspect Element) that vertical line, you'll see that it's a border on #archive-right, so if you override the border property on that, you can make it go away. If you inspect the elements on your /news/ page, you'll see that they're positioned next to each other because their container ("home-top") is a flex container. If you remove the flex bit (and I believe that might be your own custom code?), the two children will naturally be centered, one atop the other.

On top of being able to see the structure of your page visually and getting each element's selectors easily, these tools also allow you to experiment with CSS rules right on the page, so you'll know exactly what you need to change when it's time to write the CSS overrides.

If you struggle to figure something out even with the Inspect tools, you can of course ask for help! For basic issues, you'll save yourself a lot of time by trying the Inspect tools first.
eishiya

Postby atomicbomb23 » January 7th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Thank you! The inspect tool helped me out with the other stuff! :D

I'm just still stuck on getting rid of that line! I have no idea what to code or where to put it for the archive-right/border issue! I've tried messing with the div that didn't work, I tried putting a code for the just the archive right in the overall and in the archive code that didn't work :( Could you please help me figure out how to get rid of it?
atomicbomb23

Postby eishiya » January 7th, 2019, 9:53 pm

The rule causing it is this one:
Code: Select all
#archive-right {
   border-left: 2px solid #eee;
}

So, if you add an override such as
#archive-right {
   border-left: none;
}
or
#archive-right {
   border: none;
}
(or any border style you want)

that should get rid of it.
eishiya

Postby atomicbomb23 » January 7th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Thank you so much I really appreciate it! :D (I was trying to fix it with something way more complicated lmao)
atomicbomb23

Return to Template Development & Support