Template Reviews!

Working on a new template and need help? Come here for support.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Template Reviews!

Postby cutething » December 18th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Update: I am no longer offering template reviews.
Last edited by cutething on November 18th, 2014, 1:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
Image
User avatar
cutething
 
Posts: 72
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Location: May 3rd, 2006

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby Mr Aids » December 18th, 2009, 10:48 pm

I would highly recommend for anyone who designs templates to submit a template or two for review. CT has been very helpful in pointing out pros and flaws in my designs, and has pointed out areas on which to improve. I'm sure many of you would be interested in this service, so check out the site.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
User avatar
Mr Aids
 
Posts: 5703
Joined: April 9th, 2007, 7:02 pm
Location: STRAYA M8

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby cutething » December 18th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Dur, I completely forgot to mention - if enough people participate, there will be contests and fancy prizes (like, stuff that costs money and would be appealing to you - not a collection of old laundry or something lame).
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
Image
User avatar
cutething
 
Posts: 72
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Location: May 3rd, 2006

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby Pyroman » December 19th, 2009, 12:20 am

Also going to highly recommend this service. CT was one of my biggest influences as a designer and taught me pretty much everything I know. Although she may seem harsh to an outsider, honest critique from a really great web designer is massively helpful -- and to get it for free is amazingly valuable. Even if you don't submit a design, any would-be web designers should give this site a look as CT gives loads of do-s and don't-s in her reviews that are just generally useful.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Pyroman
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: January 28th, 2006, 12:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby cutething » December 19th, 2009, 12:45 am

Pyroman wrote:Also going to highly recommend this service. CT was one of my biggest influences as a designer and taught me pretty much everything I know. Although she may seem harsh to an outsider, honest critique from a really great web designer is massively helpful -- and to get it for free is amazingly valuable. Even if you don't submit a design, any would-be web designers should give this site a look as CT gives loads of do-s and don't-s in her reviews that are just generally useful.

And not terribly harsh, I hope. ;)
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
Image
User avatar
cutething
 
Posts: 72
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Location: May 3rd, 2006

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby Pyroman » December 19th, 2009, 12:49 am

cutething wrote:
Pyroman wrote:Also going to highly recommend this service. CT was one of my biggest influences as a designer and taught me pretty much everything I know. Although she may seem harsh to an outsider, honest critique from a really great web designer is massively helpful -- and to get it for free is amazingly valuable. Even if you don't submit a design, any would-be web designers should give this site a look as CT gives loads of do-s and don't-s in her reviews that are just generally useful.

And not terribly harsh, I hope. ;)


Certainly, there were only one or two nights when I cried myself to sleep.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Pyroman
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: January 28th, 2006, 12:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby cutething » December 19th, 2009, 12:59 am

But look at you now! You're a leader in the community, you've got it all, even crazy, terrifying eyes!
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
Image
User avatar
cutething
 
Posts: 72
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Location: May 3rd, 2006

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby Pyroman » December 19th, 2009, 1:00 am

cutething wrote:But look at you now! You're a leader in the community, you've got it all, even crazy, terrifying eyes!


Learned from the best, after all.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
Pyroman
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: January 28th, 2006, 12:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby cutething » December 19th, 2009, 1:02 am

Au contraire, I am unseeing and all-seeing, an important distinction.
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
Image
User avatar
cutething
 
Posts: 72
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Location: May 3rd, 2006

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby Zhai » August 24th, 2010, 10:36 am

Hey!
Uhm kind of necro-ing a thread,buuuut since it's something useful I thought it didn't matter? (sorry if I'm wrong D:)
I was kind of wondering if this offer still stands?
Image
User avatar
Zhai
 
Posts: 38
Joined: April 6th, 2007, 6:27 am

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 24th, 2010, 12:38 pm

Taking a look at the site cutething linked in her first post, there are no more template reviews being posted there.
However if you want it might be worth contacting her through the website's contact information and asking if she's still offering.

If you do, can you post back here so we know if this thread should be locked and unstickied.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

Image
User avatar
SuperBiasedMan
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 1:30 pm
Location: The land of milk and honey. That's right, Ireland

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby Zhai » August 24th, 2010, 1:09 pm

I think I'll take a look at her site at least, and maybe contact her, because I think it's was a pretty neat offer, don't know why no one else had replied to have their sites reviewed.
Anyways, I'm pretty much done with this thread, thanks for the tip^^

PS: I just send an email :D but I'm actually kind of scared D8 (might be because of her signature xD, she's haunting my breakfast D:)
Image
User avatar
Zhai
 
Posts: 38
Joined: April 6th, 2007, 6:27 am

Re: Template Reviews!

Postby cutething » August 24th, 2010, 9:09 pm

I am a masterful haunter of breakfasts, but fear not - for those who want a review, I am still offering them (though I've turned the site into a slightly more appropriate blog).

Reviews will no longer be posted publicly, but you are still welcome to publicize your score (and review) if you so choose. You are welcome to use the contact form on the current site to sign up for a review. I will reply quickly and let you know if there's a wait time.
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
Image
User avatar
cutething
 
Posts: 72
Joined: May 4th, 2009, 3:02 pm
Location: May 3rd, 2006


Return to Template Development & Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests