Chapters Don't Work on Simple Red

Working on a new template and need help? Come here for support.

Moderator: Help Desk Team

Chapters Don't Work on Simple Red

Postby hushipro » January 14th, 2010, 7:36 pm

As the subject says, chapters do not appear on the Simple Red theme by default, apparently. It confines you to the current chapter of the latest comic and no earlier via the drop-down menu. You can use the navigation arrows, but obviously this is nowhere near as quick or efficient. Because of it, I've had to move all the pages to Unchaptered, because the chapters are completely useless at this point.

It's rather important to me that I know very soon what to add to the comic page's code or that someone add it to the style sheet because it doesn't automatically work.

Please help me with this as soon as possible.
hushipro

Re: Chapters Don't Work on Simple Red

Postby Pyroman » January 22nd, 2010, 1:14 am

This is how the system is set to work.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby hushipro » January 22nd, 2010, 6:36 am

According to this picture:

The system is not supposed to do that.

When I tried to use it on my comic, it did not show any availability of chapters...only pages in the latest, active chapter. It was not possible to select previous chapters in the drop-down menu, as it is clearly supposed to be able to do in that picture.

I'm sorry if there was confusion about my question. But in the Simple Red theme, which I am currently using, the chapter functionality does not work properly. You can only select pages from the drop-down menu that are in the current active chapter. You cannot navigate to any other chapters with it.

Since I'll probably be switching over themes soon, it may well work on the new theme I choose, but I think it is still going to prove a problem to those using Simple Red, so I wanted to be sure to bring it up.

I hope it can be fixed.
hushipro

Postby Dan » January 22nd, 2010, 9:54 am

Looks like I had forgotten to update that template. It should be working now.
Dan
Site Admin

Postby hushipro » January 26th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Thanks very much. :) I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone using Simple Red will too.
hushipro

Return to Template Development & Support