I need a lightbox asap please

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

I need a lightbox asap please

Postby Tanako » April 23rd, 2012, 9:02 pm

Okay i don't know if this is the right place to ask but since its a template request section i thought i should post it here
i'm sure some of you are familiar with light box.
i was wondering if smackjeeves supports it, if it does, i was wondering if anyone knows the code. i searched online and i saw codes but for some reason when i put it on my website it doesn't work. i want to use this light box to display images. i want people to be able to click on an image it pops out of the screen.
this light box will be hosted on a separate page not in the main overall page layout. if any one can help or have any suggestions please let me know or just PM me. Thanks :D
Tanako

Re: I need a lightbox asap please

Postby eishiya » April 24th, 2012, 9:22 am

It's all just JavaScript, so SJ will support it. The reason the codes you got online don't work for you is because Lightbox requires a *.js file to work, and most of these codes link to it as if it's stored locally. You need to either store it on SJ (if you have a premium account), or upload it elsewhere (your own webspace, or somewhere else where you can link it from directly) and change the URL to point to its location. Alternatively, you can copy+paste the entire file on whatever page uses Lightbox if neither of those options works for you.

You can get the *js file(s) on Lightbox's site. Note that Lightbox requires some images as well, and if you can't host those on SJ, you'll need to use Photobucket, your own webspace, or something similar. I'm not sure, but I think you can set the image URLs manually somewhere. Google for it, I haven't done it myself.
eishiya

Re: I need a lightbox asap please

Postby Tanako » April 25th, 2012, 4:29 pm

oh ok thanks for the replay. yes i am a premium member on SJ but even though, i don't think ill be able to do it. i'm not very good with coding. im very basic when it comes to it and still learning so i don't know how to do all that.
Tanako

Return to Template Requests