My webcomic needs a template (will pay)

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

My webcomic needs a template (will pay)

Postby donquixotelamancha » June 11th, 2016, 3:44 am

Here's my webcomic: http://greyface.smackjeeves.com/

I'd like to work with someone to design and implement a template for my webcomic, I'm looking for something simple with a dark background (here's an example of what I mean: www.bundlestars.com ) that reads well. I also want to add google ads and Disqus instead of the smackjeeves comment section.

If your interested please leave me a quote as to how much $USD you want for doing the project.

Thanks

Don Quixote
donquixotelamancha

Re: My webcomic needs a template (will pay)

Postby eishiya » June 11th, 2016, 10:48 am

This seems pretty simple, looks like 2-3 hours of work, so I can do it for $50 to do the coding. I assume that you'd want to do any graphics (comic logo, etc) yourself, so that it all matches the style of your comic.
Because only the site owner can set up Disqus (so you can retain access to the settings, etc), that's something you'll need to do yourself. A design helper can only tell you where to put the code that Disqus provides and which variables in that code you need to tweak and how. Disqus has info about web integration here.

Before you splash out though: Have you tried using the In Silence template? If you remove the background and change the header size (both simple changes that you can figure out with the help of the forum), I think it'll be pretty close to what you want. You may also find other templates that are close in layout and are just a couple of simple tweaks (e.g. colour) away from what you want. Then, adding google ads and Disqus is just a matter of pasting the code they give you in the spaces you want, which also doesn't require a lot of knowledge, there are tutorials for doing both.
eishiya

Re: My webcomic needs a template (will pay)

Postby donquixotelamancha » July 14th, 2016, 3:15 pm

Thanks for the response, sorry I took so long to reply I wanted a chance to try out your advice before I did.

Your advice worked thank you :D
donquixotelamancha

Return to Template Requests