Requesting a template for my comic.

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

Requesting a template for my comic.

Postby Dragonknight » November 30th, 2017, 9:44 pm

I am requesting a template because I have no clue how to edit, make, or do anything to a template. I am new to the SmackJeeves community just to note. I will need help with applying the changes if anyone does help me. But if I need to pay for getting a template done, then I really can't do that because I have no way of payment (because I am a 15 year old kid and can't get paypal). Just let me know if you only do money request or not.

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=170738
That is my comic. I just want some simple changes for now. I want the Top Title to be centered and colored a light purple, the main picture shrunken down just a bit so it looks like its not touching the side of the screen (at least an inch? from the side of the screen), the comic title (the second title?) color white, and the background color being either a dark purple or a combo of black, purple, and a bit of light blue.

If any questions, you know what to do.
Sorry if me not being able to know what to do to a template bothers you, I am on a kinda busy schedule of having school and making my comic.
I joined this community to get better at art, and I did not expect to run into the template problem.

I hope someone can help me out and understand. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Dragonknight

Re: Requesting a template for my comic.

Postby eishiya » November 30th, 2017, 10:59 pm

What do you mean by "the main picture shrunken down just a bit so it looks like its not touching the side of the screen"? Everybody's screens are different. Sizing relative to the screen is likely to result in the image being too large or too small on many screens. If you just want the images to be smaller, you should upload smaller files. Resizing them yourself will give you more control over how it looks, and make the images load faster.

To make other changes, copy+paste this code right above "</head>" (note the slash) in Overall Layout.
Code: Select all
<style>
body {
background-color: #451649; /*change this colour to whatever you want*/
}

h1 {
color: white;
}

#overall_header {
text-align: center;
background-color: #3d1a5a; /*change this colour to whatever you want*/
}

#overall_header .title {
color: #ca7dd5; /*change this colour to whatever you want*/
}
</style>

There are some issues with these changes:
The social media icons are images, so they colours don't change. The dark images are hard to see on dark purple. You could replace the image with your own.
The grey menu looks pretty bad with the purple. You could change the colour by adding this CSS:
#overall_navbar > div {
background-color: #3d1a5a; /*change this colour to whatever you want*/
}

The white comments section is painfully bright against dark purple. How about a light purple instead?
.card {
background-color: #e1bde6; /*change this colour to whatever you want*/
}

There are lots of other colour tweaks you could make. I recommend playing around with the colours! If you want to mess around with the HTML/CSS, you could take a screenshot and make edits in your image editor of choice, then post that here and let others help you implement the changes you want.
eishiya

Return to Template Requests