Please help me with template - Out of Skills error

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

Re: Please help me with template - Out of Skills error

Postby Darkhog » December 1st, 2010, 3:25 pm

Not that. It should be over comment, not avatar, but left sided (as in <p align="left">)

//edit: I mean something like this:
Of course font things still apply, this is only layout presentation.
Darkhog

Postby Asj » December 1st, 2010, 3:41 pm

should it be right over the comments, or have a little bit of space in between?
edit: also, something I didn't think much about before, should the avatars and/or usernames link to profiles?
edit 2: And, how should the rating stars be set up? Should it say the average rating somewhere, should it have text like "rate it: ", and should the rating star images do anything different from the default rating stars?
Asj

Postby Darkhog » December 2nd, 2010, 2:13 am

Now it's good. But maybe italization (is there such a word anyway?) of comment's author name was a mistake. Bold should be fine.
//edit: Link to profiles are IMHO good. And on the right of rating stars should be text Average ratting: 5.0 (instead of 5.0 should be of course actual rating)
Darkhog

Postby Asj » December 2nd, 2010, 11:57 am

(just notices the date still being centered) You wanted the date on the left, too, didn't you?
I'm trying to clean up some of the css code, so let me know if you notice something looking different than it did, and I'll fix it.
Asj

Postby Darkhog » December 2nd, 2010, 1:15 pm

Yeah, I wanted all aligned to the left. And it's almost as I wanted.

//edit: For the archive the table should be centered. Headers of columns are good, by table fields should have black background and no spacing between them.
//edit #2: and for "Comic Archive" text you shouldn't use image. It'll be fine with black div 100% wide and for font use bold Comic Sans MS 17pt, color #FFFFFF
Darkhog

Postby Asj » December 2nd, 2010, 2:07 pm

I haven't done anything for the archive yet. I want to add the edit and delete links, and the rating stars before I do that (and fix the menu a little better). (but telling me what you want is fine)
By the way, I got the menu lined up with the comments area. It was a little off before. By the way, do you want me to change the coding so that there won't be as big a space between smaller comments with smaller avatars? (what you can see between the last two comments on this page: http://dummycomic.smackjeeves.com/comic ... 48/page-5/ )

edit: I made the default text slightly smaller (for things like the menu and comments). It was 13pt and I changed it to 12pt, so that it'd be less likely to mess up the menu when I added some space between menu items (and because the comment text felt a little big, anyhow). It's not noticeable, though. I think I also changed the font for the comments to match the menu (the comment text almost looked bold before because it was a rather thick font). Let me know if you think that stuff's okay or not.

edit2: I think I'll try to find a different way of adding avatars to the comments. The way I was doing it is too confused. (the avatars are floated to the left, but when that happens, they're literally "floating" above everything else. So, I should find a different way.) Also, if you notice a white border around comments, that's temporary so I can better see the comments.
edit3: I switched to a table type layout for the avatar/comment-text part. It's bad practice to use tables, but I wasn't sure how to make it work with div's. Let me know if anything messed up when I changed it.
Asj

Postby Darkhog » December 3rd, 2010, 1:48 am

Yeah, do that. If comments are made using table, then just make cellspacing=0.
Darkhog

Postby Darkhog » December 7th, 2010, 3:24 am

For inline comment try using
Code: Select all
<form action="postcomment.php?cid=1047762" method="POST">
<h1>Post Your Comment:</h1>
<p>(Page 07)</p>
<b>Comment Title:</b><input class="styled" type="text" name="post_title" /><br />
<b class="textarea">Comment:</b><textarea name="message_body"></textarea><br />
<label for="make_sticky"><input id="make_sticky" type="checkbox" name="sticky" value="1"> Make this post sticky.</label><br />
<input class="styled" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

as second Post Comment link.
Darkhog

Postby Asj » December 7th, 2010, 8:54 am

hmm... I didn't think about forms. I'll see what happens.
by the way, I put rating stars right under the comic, is that what you want, or do you want me to change something?

edit: if I put in the exact code you did, it brings up a page that says the file can't be found. I'll see what happens if I edit a few things (I don't know much about form submitting, though).
Asj

Postby Darkhog » December 7th, 2010, 9:13 am

Try
Code: Select all
<form action="/postcomment.php?cid=1047762" method="POST">
<h1>Post Your Comment:</h1>
<p>(Page 07)</p>
<b>Comment Title:</b><input class="styled" type="text" name="post_title" /><br />
<b class="textarea">Comment:</b><textarea name="message_body"></textarea><br />
<label for="make_sticky"><input id="make_sticky" type="checkbox" name="sticky" value="1"> Make this post sticky.</label><br />
<input class="styled" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
Darkhog

Postby Asj » December 7th, 2010, 9:38 am

invalid referrer.
I'll try asking on the forum to see if anyone knows anything.
Asj

Postby Darkhog » December 13th, 2010, 5:22 am

Ok, it may be as it is now (post comment links instead of form). Just make comment area wider, so when user isn't logged in ads in comments won't look ugly (logout from smackjeeves to see what I mean). Also do archive think according to instructions I gave you earlier in this thread and we will be ready (also remove google ads. I don't want to have ads if there is the other way).
Darkhog

Postby Asj » December 14th, 2010, 4:56 pm

I haven't looked at it for a little while. I might be moving tomorrow, so I need to pack some stuff, and I had to erase everything on my computer several days ago and reinstall stuff (...and some things are giving me problems).
There's not too much left, though. I might be able to finish it within the next few days if I have time.
Asj

Postby Darkhog » December 20th, 2010, 8:57 am

So what will be with it? It's almost done, just remove posting forms and do archive. (and make comment area wider - when you're not logged in to smackjeeves the large add is displayed there and it is wider than comment area)
Darkhog

Postby Darkhog » December 27th, 2010, 10:10 am

BUMP. If you can't finish this, that's ok. Just put all codes, so someone else can finish this layout.
Darkhog

PreviousNext

Return to Template Requests