Before making a request...

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

Before making a request...

Postby Mr Aids » January 15th, 2010, 3:59 am

There are certain things you should keep in mind.

1. Before you even think about making a request, you should read the SJ Wiki. There you will find help on how to make many common template changes, and some of the more advanced template work. Generally, you should only make a request if you've already given template creation your best shot.

2. When making a request, you should be patient, and polite if someone approaches you to fulfill your request. Being rude will see your request being discarded. This user has gone out of their way and devoted their time to helping you out, the least you could do is not give them a hard time.

3. If you no longer need a template made, or if your request has been answered, add [Resolved] to your topic title.

4. When describing what you want, be as specific as possible. This includes long descriptions, images of what you want the end result to be, and any images you want to be included in the template should be included in your post. Also, include links to the webcomic you want the template for, and any other webcomics that have a template similar to what you want your template to look like.

5. It is generally a bad idea to request a template for a comic that has just started. Too many times has a user taken the time to create a fantastic template, for the comic to never be updated again. If it can be seen that a user is truly devoted to their comic, their template request will be given higher priority than others.

6. There are currently no users taking template requests, but that should not stop you from making a request for when someone feels ready to handle requests. However, during this time you should be patient, otherwise you are likely to leave a bad impression and means your request will be ignored.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Re: Before making a request...

Postby Pyroman » January 21st, 2010, 8:13 am

For the next few days, a week maximum, I will be answering the requests from the start of January onwards. People who requested a template before this and still need one should bump their threads with exacting detail on what they want done. Unless you provide me with a full plan of action, I will not create your template no matter how much you bump your thread. This is because I do not have the time to completely design a template, but am able to very quickly create code when presented with a finished idea.

I'm only going to be doing this for the next few days, most likely ending sometime next week (around the 26th, I'm thinking), and I will only complete bumped templates if they are presented with a complete plan.

I understand this might seem unfair to some people, and perhaps even a little arrogant to others, but I personally do not have the time to dedicate to producing templates for users on a regular basis. Due to the influx of requests I thought it nice to at least give as many people as I could a template, but my free time ends in about a week and a half when I start University.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby silgareth » May 14th, 2013, 12:47 am

The link doesn't work D: It shows error 404, server not found...
http://wiki.smackjeeves.com/index.php/Template_coding
silgareth

Postby Mr Aids » May 14th, 2013, 1:21 am

Yeah the old Wiki got destroyed, however a lot of information is still available on the old SJ Wiki, if your question is not there then you can ask over at New Questions, or check if the question has already been answered at Resolved Questions.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Return to Template Requests