Private Message

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

Private Message

Postby snorgar » March 27th, 2010, 7:09 am

Simple question. Is there a way to make a contact link so readers will be able to click and send PMs to the smackjeeves PM service? I rather not give out my E-Mail for the world to see I get enough spam as it is.

Thank you.
http://www.deadgirls.smackjeeves.com
Feel free to look at my comic ant let me know what you think.
snorgar

Re: Private Message

Postby Amante » March 27th, 2010, 8:45 am

Do you mean so that a link will lead to the PM service so that they can PM you? Well, if you do:

<a href="http://www.smackjeeves.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=15414>PM MeM"</a>

on your comic page it should work. (Just copy and paste this segment, before you do though, copy and paste just the link part to make sure it works for you, though it might not work for you cause I have it set to PM you and I don't think you can PM yourself haha.)

Let me know how that works :3
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby snorgar » March 27th, 2010, 11:48 am

Yes that helps however seems that only smackjeeves members can use that route. I think I will just make a hotmail address for the comic only.

Thanks for the help!
http://www.deadgirls.smackjeeves.com
Feel free to look at my comic ant let me know what you think.
snorgar

Postby Amante » March 27th, 2010, 4:10 pm

snorgar wrote:Yes that helps however seems that only smackjeeves members can use that route. I think I will just make a hotmail address for the comic only.

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, unfortunately only SmackJeeves members can use the PM service period. Hotmail might work though.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby FlyingMonkey » March 29th, 2010, 12:11 pm

Why not just set up a contact page where the viewer can fill out a form and send you a message?
Or create a separate email just for this propose.
FlyingMonkey

Postby powersurge360 » March 30th, 2010, 1:16 pm

If the only problem you have is with spam, you could write a short javascript to obfuscate that for you. Seems like it'd be better than creating a whole new account.
powersurge360

Return to Template Requests