SJ Awards Site Template (resolved)

Request custom templates here. There is no guarantee that it will be made for you. Please be respectful, polite, and patient when posting a request.

SJ Awards Site Template (resolved)

Postby tezzle » June 20th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Hey! Sorry for doing this on such short notice, but we're just about wrapping up preparations for the SJ Awards and we just realized we don't have a template for the site. I've made a banner:
And that's about it. I don't even have any clue what I want it to look like, so that's asking even more, because I know most of the time people come on here with a drawing or blue-print or something. I'm lost here.

Basically, instead of comic-pages, each "page" will be a title card of sorts for each category showing the nominees. Then the Author Comment will have links to each comic, and a link to the poll. So there's nothing special that needs to be done in terms of how the site is set up. Looks-wise it just needs to look...I guess, fancy? Sorry I'm being so vague. I have no knack for web design, and we need this before July, so in 10 days.

Can anyone help? If not the SJ Awards will have to use some default template.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Re: SJ Awards Site Template

Postby Amante » June 20th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Or you can always go with a default template and switch out different things like the background, arrow buttons, etc. Someone would just have to draw icons for the things you want to switch out.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby tezzle » June 20th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Amante wrote:Or you can always go with a default template and switch out different things like the background, arrow buttons, etc. Someone would just have to draw icons for the things you want to switch out.

Right...Someone want to do that for us?
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Pronce » June 20th, 2010, 11:40 pm

I've messaged tezzle with a potential idea, in case you don't notice.
Pronce

Postby Zephirot93 » June 21st, 2010, 12:15 am

I'm kinda new and I'd like to ask, what the awards are? Or what categories are there? :P

"OH GOD, SHE ATE THE POOP!"

- RED Spy
Zephirot93

Postby trenton_dawn » June 21st, 2010, 12:17 am

Zephirot93 wrote:I'm kinda new and I'd like to ask, what the awards are? Or what categories are there? :P

The awards thread with those details can be found here.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby tezzle » June 21st, 2010, 1:16 am

I've immediately accepted Pronce's template idea. And now since I've been up all night reading comics (I got WAY too deep into Mortifier. God, man, give LoP an award for resilience alone. 1000+ pages, man! You're killin' me! XD) I'lll get to bed knowing that there's one less thing to worry about before July.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Loverofpiggies » June 21st, 2010, 8:24 am

tezzle wrote:I've immediately accepted Pronce's template idea. And now since I've been up all night reading comics (I got WAY too deep into Mortifier. God, man, give LoP an award for resilience alone. 1000+ pages, man! You're killin' me! XD) I'lll get to bed knowing that there's one less thing to worry about before July.
:0 oh man I'm sorry! XD That just sort of... happened. Actually when people started suggesting Mortifer I was sitting there thinking "Holy crap they're going to have a chore when trying to go through my comic..."

Hopefully its at least enjoyable, otherwise I'd hate to put people through a long comic that they dont like to read.
Loverofpiggies

Return to Template Requests