Feel free to point out my mistakes you rascals

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: My drawings bring all the boys to the thread

Postby Seven Rain » February 14th, 2018, 2:15 am

Been meaning to pop in and say this for a while but I'm super digging your new stuff, especially the crazy Vaporwave gal.
Seven Rain

Postby Vitotamito » February 17th, 2018, 5:37 am

Seven Rain wrote:Been meaning to pop in and say this for a while but I'm super digging your new stuff, especially the crazy Vaporwave gal.

Thanks, dude! Here, have some more:

This is one of my least favorite people:

If you're looking for a new phone background picture that's a e s t h e t i c as fuck:
Spoiler! :
High-Rez version of the poster from the first vaporwave girl drawing.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Seven Rain » February 17th, 2018, 8:02 am

Dude, nice.
Seven Rain

Postby Vitotamito » July 19th, 2018, 11:26 pm

She-ra Fan Art
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » December 26th, 2018, 3:17 am

Doing a Character Turnaround for the first time in forever. Really happy with this except her front pose. Not sure what's wrong with it...

Vitotamito

Re: Feel free to point out my mist you rascals

Postby eishiya » December 26th, 2018, 9:30 am

It seems more symmetrical than the others, which makes it feel duller than the others. The arms are also a bit too long in it (and in some of the others).
Another issue is the knees, they lack any opposing curves and look a bit like the link in a chain of sausages. In the other poses, the back and front of the knee create a bit of opposition so they don't look so bad. Try drawing the "corner" where the top and bottom halves meet a little higher on the outside of the leg, I think it'll help the leg look more natural without being any less stylised.
Lastly, it seems a little shrunk compared to the rest, the character's standing on a higher plane? That also makes all the lines thinner in comparison, which makes it stand out as a little weird.
eishiya

Re: Feel free to point out my mist you rascals

Postby Vitotamito » December 28th, 2018, 2:04 am

All such good things that I never would have seen! Thanks!!

Vitotamito

Re: Feel free to point out my mistakes you rascals

Postby redandblack64 » December 28th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Have you tried stacking them on top of each other in separate layers and cycling through them as an animation? Or playing the turnaround as an animation? The 2D animation instructors at school basically follow this to a tee.
redandblack64

Re: Feel free to point out my mistakes you rascals

Postby Vitotamito » January 2nd, 2019, 5:43 pm

redandblack64 wrote:Have you tried stacking them on top of each other in separate layers and cycling through them as an animation? Or playing the turnaround as an animation? The 2D animation instructors at school basically follow this to a tee.

God I love these guys. I did actually put them all together into a looping video a little bit ago, and there's a bunch of weird things I've noticed, like her waist line isn't consistent and her side view isn't a consistent width with her 3/4 and front views. Good advice!

Fun story, there's an SJ alum in this video of theirs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SLJjVkKXU

It's so weird and cool seeing where some of the people from way back in the day wound up.

Vitotamito

Previous

Return to Creative Showcase