Feeling confident about my art

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Feeling confident about my art

Postby TWWK » April 2nd, 2018, 1:51 pm

Hi, everyone!
A few weeks back I posted a drawing I made, asking for help and where I could improve.
Someone liked it, that made me very happy and looking forward to make more, improve further and just start making the webcomic that I wanna make so bad.
One certain mod gave me good tips; I didn't forget them. I'm in a hurry to finish one drawing and move on to the next, 'cause I'm feeling very thrilled about the whole thing.

I said I was gonna finish one and post there "in a few hours". I couldn't get anything right for a few weeks.
Lately I found this software for building poses that's been handy to me, and that got me through my problems (drawing hands, creating poses, overall human anatomy).
I don't know what's the limit for necroposting here, so I'm just gonna make another topic with those two I made recently, since it's been a few weeks since someone touched that one. (It's already dead anyway.)
The first one is an OC; I was feeling that the poses on my drawings were too dull and monotone, so I decided to try and make something like a page on the second one to see what I could get out of it. Turned out pretty well.
About the line work and certain lazy parts: don't mind them. It'll look better when it's something official.
Feeling very confident about it.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

EDIT 1: I finished another drawing (another OC) and I remembered I could just have edited the post instead of making another one. I tried to go grayscale (need some criticism on that) on the first one. I'm also gonna post an old drawing that's been catching dust on the shelves, it's one of the few that I have ever coloured (need some criticism on that too), as well as it's an alternative version of the aforementioned grayscaled OC.

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
Don't mind the outdated and crappy signature, lol

EDIT 2: Figured I'd also throw an old one in. I kinda like this one somehow. It's an alternative version of the OC on my other thread.

Spoiler! :

TWWK wrote:[...]
This is the guy of the other thread.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by TWWK on April 12th, 2018, 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YNWA
TWWK

Re: Feeling confident about my art

Postby Yenzala » April 3rd, 2018, 11:24 am

Heck yeah! this looks really good! I'll be keeping a look out for your comic when you put it up!
Yenzala

Postby TWWK » April 4th, 2018, 10:57 am

Yenzala wrote:Heck yeah! this looks really good! I'll be keeping a look out for your comic when you put it up!

That made my day! It'll probably take a while to come out, but I'll make sure it'll be amazing when it's official!
YNWA
TWWK

Postby Honigkuchenpferd » April 11th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Great work, it's good practice experimenting with poses. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more!
Honigkuchenpferd

Postby MK_Wizard » April 12th, 2018, 8:07 am

I have to admit that I am impressed especially with the shading and smooth lines.
MK_Wizard

Postby TWWK » April 12th, 2018, 10:05 am

Honigkuchenpferd wrote:Great work, it's good practice experimenting with poses. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more!

I am really really confident, so when this week's gone, I'll start making the comic. That'll probably help me with the poses and stuff.

MK_Wizard wrote:I have to admit that I am impressed especially with the shading and smooth lines.

I've always focused on making good lines, and so it worked. Glad you liked it!
YNWA
TWWK

Postby MK_Wizard » April 12th, 2018, 10:47 am

I look forward to more!
MK_Wizard

Postby JakiraJurosawa » May 3rd, 2018, 7:51 pm

You should be proud of it:) It looks really good.

However, I think your drawings need a little more 3D dimensional structure, you know form. This was the very thing that held me back in art for a long time. When you learn form(which is not as easy as it seems:/ at least it wasn’t for me) it doesn’t just make your drawings look better, but it also helps you to draw faster and understand drawing more; it’s very important.

This guy goes over it well: https://youtu.be/yqxPHew5bGQ

But don’t just blow it off like “Oh but this looks so easy!” It takes a while to incorporate into your everyday drawing process:3
Check my webcomic Crimes & Cars! http://crimeandcars.smackjeeves.com/
A story about the schemes and misadventures of a cold trophy-wife, Renée, and a cocky teen scoundrel, Rudy, set in circa 1930s. Stay tuned for all sorts of crazy twists!
JakiraJurosawa

Postby MK_Wizard » May 4th, 2018, 8:13 am

I learned a long time ago that nothing is easy. I am just getting the hang of highlights and shading, but I'm getting there!
MK_Wizard

Postby Zombait58 » May 4th, 2018, 10:06 am

Your improvement is evident. Keep up the hard work and you'll get to your goal of creating your comic in no time. Good luck!
Zombait58

Postby TWWK » May 12th, 2018, 12:56 pm

JakiraJurosawa wrote:You should be proud of it:) It looks really good.

However, I think your drawings need a little more 3D dimensional structure, you know form. This was the very thing that held me back in art for a long time. When you learn form(which is not as easy as it seems:/ at least it wasn’t for me) it doesn’t just make your drawings look better, but it also helps you to draw faster and understand drawing more; it’s very important.

This guy goes over it well: https://youtu.be/yqxPHew5bGQ

But don’t just blow it off like “Oh but this looks so easy!” It takes a while to incorporate into your everyday drawing process:3

This will be a lot of help. Thanks for the advice!

Zombait58 wrote:Your improvement is evident. Keep up the hard work and you'll get to your goal of creating your comic in no time. Good luck!

Thanks! I haven't really touched a pen in the last 3 or so weeks. School's been a pain. Once the storm's out of the way, I'll get to working on it!
YNWA
TWWK

Postby Vitotamito » May 22nd, 2018, 12:20 am

Hey, I think this is all pretty great! I just wanted to toss along a couple of suggestions with regards to what someone was talking about with "form" down there. I think for the most part a lot of your characters' clothing feels really well-starched, and kinda stiff in a lot of places.

I'm highlighting your first two pictures here because I think it's showing that you're already half-way there. Look at how these two's pants feel much weightier than their shirts/jackets. The pants have what was mentioned earlier in form. They show how gravity is affecting them, and also how the pants wrap around the body in a way that the shirts don't. I think if you can transfer that same detail into the cloth of the shirts, it'll really go a long way in improving your art! I'm going to tack on another video (and a whole playlist of awesome awesome content) that'll say what I'm talking about a lot better than I can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XrGHB9 ... C18EEB374E

TWWK wrote:
Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Keep up the good work!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Return to Creative Showcase