Yo - > Synth comic development and art dump

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Yo - > Synth comic development and art dump

Postby marchen de lune » March 16th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Yo...it's been a couple years, eh?
life is crazy

I've recently picked up a side project to dabble in from time to time. There isn't too much just yet since it's only been in actual development since early January. But hey, that's the fun part.

So early in we don't even have a proper logline yet whoops.

I just like to share my journey. <3

- - - - - - - - - - -

To start...

The comic is to be called Synth.
At its core it is a neon dystopian with a small underlying nature vs man conflict.

It centers on a cast of "hunters" for an organization known as Vita. They are meant to keep the peace in the city of Synth, helping magically inclined folk [para] mingle with humans in casual and tolerable settings. At least, that's the claim. Things go haywire when the para begin to go savage and Vita's underbelly shows just as an amnesiac child named Abaddon is found.

Synth according to my friend for good measure:
"Humans, sorta humans, not so humans, and definitely not humans in a dystopian future-punk setting, featuring angerey wolf grandma, grumpy demi-god child, reluctant babysitter, and more"

- - - - - - - - - - -
Since this project is art heavy currently, I will post thumbnails that will link to the actual image.

I'm currently trying to figure out the "look" I want for the project so there is a lot of nonesense doodles alongside more developed pieces.

Full art album can be found here
It is constantly updated
https://imgur.com/a/eBXTP

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
yo
marchen de lune

Re: Yo - > Synth comic development and art dump

Postby bmacbride » August 28th, 2018, 8:18 pm

(Omg Hades yo... I knew I recognized that style... idk if you remember me, B. MacBride, I used to draw a comic called Memento Mori. I've just finished this latest bout of college and I wanna get back into comics so I've been lurking about lol. This looks AWESOME. I love the design of the blue bearded dude especially, what a cutie.)
bmacbride

Re: Yo - > Synth comic development and art dump

Postby AlkseeyaKC » September 14th, 2018, 9:20 am

I love your style! It's so dark and Awesome!
AlkseeyaKC

Return to Creative Showcase