Mastering comics and moe girls

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Random illustration

Postby Durvin » August 16th, 2012, 12:59 am

At least out of these three, I think I see a common problem: the torso seems to be shaped a little off. It's like you know there are arms off the sides, and a neck at the top, and boobs in the front, but in the middle there's just a slab of flesh that holds them together, instead of all the muscles and bones that should be there. I would suggest doing some drawings without the big jackets and shoulder-pads and all that stuff to make sure you've got the anatomy down. Doesn't have to be from a nude model, just in tight or skimpy clothes--and that should be pretty easy to find, what with the internet and all.
Durvin

Re: Twinkiesama's drawings

Postby Twinkiesama » August 16th, 2012, 3:33 pm

At least out of these three, I think I see a common problem: the torso seems to be shaped a little off. It's like you know there are arms off the sides, and a neck at the top, and boobs in the front, but in the middle there's just a slab of flesh that holds them together, instead of all the muscles and bones that should be there. I would suggest doing some drawings without the big jackets and shoulder-pads and all that stuff to make sure you've got the anatomy down. Doesn't have to be from a nude model, just in tight or skimpy clothes--and that should be pretty easy to find, what with the internet and all.

I'm aware that anatomy is the weakest facet of my art. I just have to practice, practice, practice. Fortunately, I'm aware of some resources on the web that can help me.
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby BuddyParaiso » August 16th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Drawn artworks of my very own characters:
Last edited by BuddyParaiso on August 19th, 2012, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuddyParaiso

Postby Snuffan » August 17th, 2012, 1:48 pm

BuddyParaiso wrote:Drawn artworks of my very own characters:

Spoiler! :

Uhm... Unless you're twinkiesamas alternate account, I don't think you're supposed to post here? Unless you have his/her permission of course. The thread title "Random Illustration" was most likely the named this because the first illustration is ... Well, a random illustration. I could've read this wrong, but most threads in the showcase forum are for individual artists work.

You're very welcome to create your own thread to show off your own art. Go back the Creative Showcase and click "new topic" underneath the title.
Snuffan

Postby Lynelle » August 17th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Twinkiesama wrote:
Hmm, I'm not too thrill ed at the anatomy here, but that colour pallet makes me envious!

I would have to agree with you on the anatomy. I could not get the hand just right and her bust-line looks a bit off to me. Poor girl. :(

LOLawh.

I admire how free your art is. I tend to get caught up in those little details and it really hurts my productivity.
Lynelle

Re: Twinkiesama's drawings

Postby Twinkiesama » September 6th, 2012, 11:14 pm

I just finished this one a couple weeks ago.

Also, this.

One of the reasons I work solely digital is that my artwork is a lot cleaner. :P
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby AlkseeyaKC » September 7th, 2012, 7:17 am

I love that last picture. You drew the dress and ribbons awesomely!
AlkseeyaKC

Re: Twinkie's comics

Postby Twinkiesama » September 19th, 2012, 12:56 pm

I thought some people would like to see my actual comic pages, which I spend a bulk of my time on. The following pieces are from different stories I draw and post on Deviantart. It is shocking, because there are actually some MALE characters on some of these pages. lol
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby Twinkiesama » October 28th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Some recent stuff I did. The last two are unfinished, though.

I might as well post SOMETHING, because I've been incredibly flaky with my comics. (Part of the reason is because my tablet broke recently, though...)
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Newish Drawing

Postby Twinkiesama » November 16th, 2012, 11:42 am

I finished this fairly recently. I'm not terribly happy with it, though.
For whatever reason, I like drawing color illustrations of characters from unpublished series of mine, rather than what I'm working on at the moment. :?
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby Twinkiesama » December 7th, 2012, 9:36 pm

More drawings

More comic pages, from different stories, of course.
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby Twinkiesama » December 27th, 2012, 12:59 am

Some incomplete digital works.

Even more comic pages

And my guinea pigs. Sorry the image quality is not the best...
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby Twinkiesama » February 2nd, 2013, 5:15 pm

Pages

Digital paintings

Grayson
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

Postby Amam » February 3rd, 2013, 7:27 am

Your artwork is quite cute, but one thing that stands out to me is that the middle of everyone's mouths (with few exceptions) seems to be missing, in the lineart. This is less noticeable in your colored works and I think it goes well with your coloring style, but in your b/w pictures and comic pages, it gives a bit of an unfinished look.
I understand what you're trying to do, and somewhat vague lines for the mouth and lips are common in different kinds of art styles, but I think you should consider closing it up a bit more because as it is, it looks a bit like you drew the mouths, then ran an eraser over them.

That said, you seem quite a prolific and creative artist! And that is nice to see. (and I love guinea pigs. I miss my piggy.)
Illustrated Diary
My tumblr
Amam

Postby Twinkiesama » February 6th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Your artwork is quite cute, but one thing that stands out to me is that the middle of everyone's mouths (with few exceptions) seems to be missing, in the lineart. This is less noticeable in your colored works and I think it goes well with your coloring style, but in your b/w pictures and comic pages, it gives a bit of an unfinished look.
I understand what you're trying to do, and somewhat vague lines for the mouth and lips are common in different kinds of art styles, but I think you should consider closing it up a bit more because as it is, it looks a bit like you drew the mouths, then ran an eraser over them.

That said, you seem quite a prolific and creative artist! And that is nice to see. (and I love guinea pigs. I miss my piggy.)

That is just the way I have been drawing mouths for awhile, so it is difficult for me to change that aspect of my characters. I think it goes with the typical manga style, where "less is more".

I wish I could draw a decent picture of my other guinea pig Bear, but he is a solid black pig, which would be difficult to do with either traditional media or the computer.
ImageCurrently on hiatus
Image With Terderrer
DeviantArt
Twinkiesama

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase