FourStringFingerSting's Art Dump(ster) OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: FourStringFingerSting's Art Dump(ster)

Postby Seven Rain » July 31st, 2014, 2:07 am

FourStringFingerSting wrote:Hey! A new challenger approaches!

Lookin' good!

FourStringFingerSting wrote:I’d like to expand on this universe (pun intended) much more for a future project, I think. I just can’t work on one thing at a time, it seems.

Welcome to the wonderful and agonizing thing we call world-building!

FourStringFingerSting wrote:Anyway, the working name for this dude is Fael. He’s part of a space civilization that vanished thousands of years ago and ended up on an unfamiliar planet with no memory of his home or how he got to the new world he now inhabits. He’s got special powers that allow him to activate and (sometimes) control ancient architecture left by a primitive race of space pioneers on the various planets he explores.

Sounds neat. I'm looking forward to seeing you actually get some stuff started!

FourStringFingerSting wrote:I know, I get thorough, even for one off characters I may never draw again.

Oh buddy don't I know it. It's sad how many characters of mine were meant to be random drawings that ended up becoming much more.
Spoiler! :
Melty is a prime example. What started as a fanservice-y drawing of some random character has become a full-blown slice-of-life series at the tail end of the Ethereaverse.

*EDIT*
Oops, so sorry for bumpin' your post back.
Seven Rain

Re: FourStringFingerSting's Art Dump(ster)

Postby FourStringFingerSting » July 31st, 2014, 9:38 pm

Thanks Seven! Haha I'm no stranger to the world building train, it just amazes me that over time I only feel that much more overwhelmed by the stream of unconscious imaginative bull that seems to run through my head at all times. Here's to managing it all and making something of it!

ALSO, I'd like to take the time to say that I'm currently OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS. Here's my rate:

1 character, uncolored - $5
1 character, colored - $8
2 character, uncolored - $8
2 character, colored $10
3+ character, uncolored/colored - PM me for specifics

Trying to make some extra cash for school, if anyone is at all interested, I'll definitely draw your OC's or any other character you can throw at me (I'll draw violence/gore/blood/etc, but don't ask me to do anything with characters kissing/heavy petting, that sort of thing). I only accept payments through my Paypal account (we can exchange that info once payment time comes up), so be sure to have some form of electronic payment available to do business with me.

Other than that, I'm really easy to work with :) I'll give you constant updates on how your piece is coming along, and make sure you approve of the uncolored version before I go into coloring. I'll make sure you're happy with what you get. I hope to be doing business with you guys sometime soon :)
Check out my brand new book project on Gumroad, "This Is Jim!"
Also check out my garage punk band I Eat Stickfigures here!
FourStringFingerSting

Re: FourStringFingerSting's Art Dump(ster) OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!

Postby FourStringFingerSting » August 8th, 2014, 1:20 am

Felt inspired again, so decided to work up another design for a character for my space exploration story thing that can't seem to get out of my head.

Dorifus is a shaman from his tribe who has managed to study the artifacts from the ancient civilization that once roamed his planet, and gleams the power of magic from them. His understanding of this magic is limited, as he knows the influence of such an old and wild force is enough to turn even the most noble men into power-hungry monsters.

Definitely enjoying these little character jams, you'll be seeing more of them.
Last edited by FourStringFingerSting on August 9th, 2014, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FourStringFingerSting

Postby Rehab Bunny » August 8th, 2014, 4:31 pm

;-; I really love your space exploration guys
Rehab Bunny

Postby FourStringFingerSting » August 9th, 2014, 11:07 am

Rehab Bunny wrote:;-; I really love your space exploration guys

Thank you so much! I promise you'll be seeing plenty more of them in the near future.
FourStringFingerSting

Postby Ray_Siroff » August 9th, 2014, 11:40 am

I like how unique your style is! And the way you color your space dudes! Nice work mate! :D
Ray_Siroff

Postby FourStringFingerSting » August 12th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Ray_Siroff wrote:I like how unique your style is! And the way you color your space dudes! Nice work mate! :D

Thanks a bundle! I'm getting a lot of good reception on them, I'm looking forward to doing something with them!

Also, here's a funny commission job I did for my cousin who's a black-belt in karate. Kickin' some t-rex tail!

FourStringFingerSting

Postby FourStringFingerSting » September 4th, 2014, 10:03 am

School's back up and running for me, so I'll be doing my best to fill in most of my free time with sketches and other things not related to my webcomic. Forgive me if there's a long stretch of time without updates though, I promise I love you all.

September 2nd was Art Drop Day, so this was a weird little doodle I chose to draw and drop off somewhere in Detroit. On Art Drop day, you pick a location near you to drop off a piece of art with some information about Art Drop Day (usually in a nook or cranny somewhere where it will be safe but people can find it), you photograph your picture in the location without giving away too much information as to where it specifically is, then upload it to social media of your choice with the phrase "#artdropday" Whether or not the person who finds the image follows up with posting a picture of them finding it on social media is an unknown.

That way, people can look up all the different art drops and go out and find them on their own. I have yet to find out what has happened to my image, but I'd like to think someone has given it a good home.
FourStringFingerSting

Postby FourStringFingerSting » September 5th, 2014, 4:00 pm

I've got ALL the art this week!

Spoiler! :

I designed and drew up some tiny little mutant baby children! Gonna be doing more of these, so if you happen to like this creepy nonsense, stay tuned!

Here's another! The nursery is just filling up with these cuties:

Spoiler! :
FourStringFingerSting

Postby FourStringFingerSting » September 21st, 2014, 10:19 am

I've been busy as hell at art school, so here's some stuff I've been working on! Pity me and my lack of free time!

Spoiler! :

A diptych piece I did. The assignment was for us to pick an idiom ("cat got your tongue", "butterflies in your stomach", etc.) of our choice, and create an illustration based on that idiom. I chose "drink like a fish" and decided to go with two illustrations that would coincide with one another. Everyone in class seemed very pleased with the outcome, and had nothing negative to say about it. Go me!

Also, have another weird baby thing:

More art stuffs coming soon!
FourStringFingerSting

Postby Oly-RRR » September 21st, 2014, 10:56 am

Oooh, these look interesting! :mrgreen: Also it's belated but I really liked your art drop day picture!!
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby Seven Rain » September 21st, 2014, 4:14 pm

FourStringFingerSting wrote:
Spoiler! :

A diptych piece I did. The assignment was for us to pick an idiom ("cat got your tongue", "butterflies in your stomach", etc.) of our choice, and create an illustration based on that idiom. I chose "drink like a fish" and decided to go with two illustrations that would coincide with one another. Everyone in class seemed very pleased with the outcome, and had nothing negative to say about it. Go me!

This is pretty damn awesome.
Seven Rain

Postby Dpung9119 » September 22nd, 2014, 4:17 pm

Love your styling
Dpung9119

Postby FourStringFingerSting » September 24th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:Oooh, these look interesting! :mrgreen: Also it's belated but I really liked your art drop day picture!!

Seven Rain wrote:This is pretty damn awesome.

Dpung9119 wrote:Love your styling

You guys are rockstars, you make it all worthwhile :) Always appreciate you taking the time to drop in with comments.

Also, have a self portrait! A perfect visual metaphor for the "tortured artist":

FourStringFingerSting

Postby Oly-RRR » September 25th, 2014, 10:38 am

FourStringFingerSting wrote:Also, have a self portrait! A perfect visual metaphor for the "tortured artist"

The first thing I thought of was "this is like my life drawing class with staple guns on the day of semester showcase..." - I don't remember anyone ever getting hurt that much but yeah, art can be painful in multiple ways, ow... :lol:
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase