Molly's Sketches/Ink/Possible Pages

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Mostly Sketchy Business

Postby AuroraArt » April 15th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Soft, your work is amazing. And I agree with the others: You draw a lot! And that's a great thing. Keep on doing that. I'm trying to do the same as well. Your coloring and characters are really good as well.

The only thing I can say is work on more poses. Let the characters do something more dramatic in their poses.

But other than that, keep up the beautiful work.
AuroraArt

Postby Soft Dorito » June 6th, 2016, 5:27 pm

AuroraArt wrote:Soft, your work is amazing. And I agree with the others: You draw a lot! And that's a great thing. Keep on doing that. I'm trying to do the same as well. Your coloring and characters are really good as well.

The only thing I can say is work on more poses. Let the characters do something more dramatic in their poses.

But other than that, keep up the beautiful work.

Oh wow, thank you so much! ^_^

Well...here's the thing - you're absolutely right on those poses. I have a few sketches I need to upload to that effect, and more that I want to finish.

But I wanted to hop on and say the reason I jumped off for a minute (and haven't finished said sketches) is that I've hit some health issues that are...not working out too well for me at the moment. I wanted to put that here so anyone would know why I'm like "you're right!" and then immediately after, the sketches I put up are head/face or busts and similar because I just do faces more easily so when I feel sick it's just a matter of picking up the pencil most days (plus more redesigns I'm fiddling with). I haven't been able to work on my actual comic pages either and it's driving me nuts.

But I finally have insurance and a good (so far) doctor helping me out, so for the first time in a while I hope I'll be back to normal/more well than I've ever been.

OK. SO.

So this is Ira's mother Len. He hasn't seen her since he was a year old, so you officially now know more about what she looks like than he does. She's a fairy who is well beloved in her homeland, though "feared" also mixes in there a bit... She gave up Ira for reasons that are spoilery. :D This is a redesign from an old picture, so now her face looks less like a traffic cone and more like a head. Even if I sketched this one pretty quickly.

I had a picture of this dork on my old thread but so far the only one I've uploaded here is below/in spoiler. His name is Bella Luna, and as stated before he owns a nightclub in an old old OLD building that comes in handy for Ira later in my comic's story. He's also Hana and her brother's godfather. As a person, Bella is very guarded and uses the nightclub as a way to be around the types of people he likes in a way that he can control, since he likes people who can get out of control very quickly.
Spoiler! :
Soft Dorito wrote:Image
Kakeru's best friend (and initially his chief enabler) is a nightclub owner who calls himself Bella Luna, or just Bella. After a while, the two are extremely close and Bella is one of the main causes Kakeru's life shifts completely.
(Bella's another loaner I've worked my butt off on for Pagan.)

This is Harris "Bun" Johansen. Though I have plans for her at 19, she actually appears in the comic I'm currently trying to work on as a kid. Her face always seems more thin than most of my characters (though I'm not sure if it's true or if I just think that way), with a longer nose, so I wanted to draw out her profile.

Here's Hana (from a page back) wearing sort-of an outfit I saw browsing the fashion tag on tumblr. It's cute enough for her, I think. XD
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Soft Dorito » November 22nd, 2016, 1:31 am

I'm participating in sketchvember, but I haven't posted anything here just yet (I keep falling behind just on facebook...) but I've got more.

This one's not so sketchy, but it IS the first thing I've inked in over a year, if not two. I can't remember, lol. Anyway, here's Ira, Alice, and Duke.

Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Re: Ink Is A Thing Again

Postby Soft Dorito » November 26th, 2016, 1:27 am

So since my tablet is working with me for once, I thought I could practice some inking again...after a couple years.
So I finished an older sketch:

Before:
Spoiler! :
Soft Dorito wrote:Image
This is Alessa Jager. She's a combat medic in a world that was caught between an intergalactic war and promptly forgotten. Alessa was born with a discoloration to her skin, something that affects part of the populace following the war and can have varying symptoms. The change from the initial sketch was mostly because something with her design didn't click with me. The second to third was mostly me getting used to drawing/coloring her face.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » November 26th, 2016, 3:30 am

It's so good to see this thread back.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » November 26th, 2016, 4:05 am

Seven Rain wrote:It's so good to see this thread back.

Aw, ^_^ thank you, Seven!
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Soft Dorito » December 13th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Ahhhh I'm so bad about getting stuff here.

This one is another sketch, but it's a color/design change I'm thinking for Ira. His main colors have been blue/green, then red, and now I'm thinking more of a purple slant. I loved how the coat came out here, soooo...

Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Lemonz23 » December 13th, 2016, 11:40 pm

I love them -3-
Lemonz23

Postby Soft Dorito » December 14th, 2016, 12:09 am

Lemonz23 wrote:I love them -3-

Thank you! <3
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Soft Dorito » July 22nd, 2018, 11:32 pm

Oh hey I can post things again, haha.

...I gotta WIP of page 1. Trying to figure out what art program I actually want to use and getting used to inking on my new computer (uses Windows Ink on a touch screen - it's pretty awesome lol).

Scribbles on buildings are placeholders. :D

Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » July 23rd, 2018, 5:58 am

Oh snap, nice!
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » July 23rd, 2018, 3:32 pm

Thanks, Seven! :D

Still a-working...
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Soft Dorito » July 24th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Still going lol
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Soft Dorito » July 24th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Oh and I did some other stuff in between freaking December 2016 and now besides this page, lol. Here's an Ira:

And a Shell:
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » July 24th, 2018, 11:30 pm

It's always cool seeing how much Ira has evolved over time. Also diggin' Shell's outfit.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase