kzuich's Art Thread!

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

kzuich's Art Thread!

Postby kzuich » July 24th, 2017, 12:45 am

Hey everyone! :D

I like to work traditionally- mostly with Copics, sometimes watercolor brushpens, and Copic multiliners.
I just wanted to post some little artworks I've done because I enjoy sharing them with people!
Interestingly, although I -much- prefer to do illustrations in black and white, I actually have a lot of color pieces to share!

This was a style test I did with Blue and red colored leads, and Copic Multiliner SP. It's for an upcoming comic project.

Speaking of color...Here are some Pokemon pieces I did last year with Copic markers. I was trying out a less conventional technique to color, check them out!
Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium

Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion

Totodile, Croconaw, and Feraligatr

An image of Pear I did in this style.

Nowadays, I like to do flatter colors and cel-shaded drawings. I usually put down a layer of color, allow it to dry completely, then lay down the darker colors.
Alcohol markers like to blend together when you use them when the previous layer is still wet, so I make sure the ink's totally dry, otherwise the drawings look more blended out.

Colorful piece of Pear! :D
(That background sent two of my markers to heaven. RIP)

Pear, the Olibots, and Fitbot all together!
(That background also nearly did my marker in. Good thing I had the foresight to use a marker I had plenty of refill ink for! lolol)

And the last for now, a drawing of Mimikyu! Sort of a cel-shaded style, but with hatching.

Hope you guys enjoy! I'll be back with more! :D
kzuich

Re: kzuich's Art Thread!

Postby kzuich » January 11th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Hey, all, I'm back again with some new little pictures! Check 'em out!

These first two were done with 3 markers (They were part of the 3 marker challenge). I have a lot of fun when I do these:
Spoiler! :

Then, of course, some cute art featuring my little robotic buddy, Pear! :D
Here's one celebrating fall!

Spoiler! :
kzuich

Re: kzuich's Art Thread!

Postby eishiya » January 12th, 2018, 9:23 am

Nice colours! I especially like the cream/orange/green kitty.

On the portrait one, the facial features feel off because their positions are a bit odd. The eye looks very low on the face relative to the nose, and the mouth line goes a bit too far back. Even when a person smiles widely, because of foreshortening, the mouth isn't that big in profile, it reaches to maaaybe just around the middle of the eye (relative to the orientation of the head, i.e. if the character were looking directly forward rather than down). On a mild grin where the cheeks don't get puffed out and there are no smile lines, like in this drawing, the mouth should just barely reach under the eye. Ref photo, in case I explained that poorly.
eishiya

Return to Creative Showcase