Artist Blocked(animation)

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Artist Blocked(animation)

Postby wrathborne » October 9th, 2019, 12:56 am

SHort semi Halloween toon. Always up for a critique if you got some time.

wrathborne

Re: Artist Blocked(animation)

Postby StanleyComics » October 11th, 2019, 8:08 am

This is in the Self-Promotion category. Isn't it only for comic promotion? From what I read in the guidelines:

"1) You may make ONE thread per comic. Not a new thread every month, not a new thread every bump, not a new thread for each author of the comic. ONE thread. That's it.

2) You may bump once a month. A "bump" is when you post in your own thread in order to send it to the top of the topic listings. The initial topic, updates, news, contests, and all other types of promotional information count as bumps. Also, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple bumps (i.e. one from each author).

3) One conversational response per day. You may make one post per day in response to new comments left by visitors to your thread. Again, if your comic has multiple authors, your thread is not entitled to multiple thread responses (i.e. one from each author). If necessary, pick a single spokesperson for your Self-Promotion thread."

I think this belongs in the Creative Showcase category, but I could be wrong?
StanleyComics

Postby eishiya » October 11th, 2019, 8:55 am

Self-Promotion is mainly for comics but we allow other creative projects to be advertised when they might be of interest to comics fans.

That said, I'll move this to Creative Showcase since it looks like OP wants feedback on this one specific creative work, and isn't just promoting it or their channel.
eishiya

Postby StanleyComics » October 11th, 2019, 12:41 pm

eishiya wrote:Self-Promotion is mainly for comics but we allow other creative projects to be advertised when they might be of interest to comics fans.

That said, I'll move this to Creative Showcase since it looks like OP wants feedback on this one specific creative work, and isn't just promoting it or their channel.

Oh, okay, that's very informative :D Thank you!
StanleyComics

Postby Vitotamito » October 16th, 2019, 3:37 am

Small critique (but like, also I get it if it's your style) but the squash and stretch secondary animation on the pupils is, like, a lot. It's a little distracting from everything else (also makes the camera cuts a little jarring because I'm still focusing on the eyes moving) that's happening which is what you want people to focus on instead of their pupils going woop-woop all over the place. But all the rest was nice though! Great FX animation.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Return to Creative Showcase