Feel free to point out my mistakes you rascals

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Vito's collection of AWESOME (NOW IN 3D!!!)

Postby Vitotamito » July 21st, 2010, 5:56 pm

WARNING!
Awesomeness May Ensue.

I recently scanned in a bunch of pictures from my notebook and touched them up in photoshop. This is what happened.

Spock and Kirk.

ANGER!

What is that? Seriously!

BANG BANG!

MORE TO COME...
Last edited by Vitotamito on July 23rd, 2010, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » July 23rd, 2010, 2:41 pm

Notebook Doodles Part 2.

SERIOUS FROG.

WHYYYYYYY!?

DRAMATIC LIGHTING.

Don't even ask me what he's holding. I don't know.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby xkrazydog » July 23rd, 2010, 3:17 pm

I really like this style D= I really do. Its so full of expression. I must applaud this. Especially the frog.
xkrazydog

Postby Vitotamito » July 30th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Oooo thank you! I envy people who can do a lot of detail like you, though.

Alright let's continue this adventure.

I like how I made the water in this image, but you think I can remember how I did it? Nope.

The original sketch for this was... only okay.

I keep drawing stuff like this. Some day I'll have to do a post-proto 80s scifi comedy. Someday...

My absolute favorite of the bunch. I don't know why but a metal skeleton just looks and sounds really sweet.

I think this is that dude on LOST who got his throat slit in the temple. The hippie dude.

I think we sawr a painting in class that looked nothing like this but I thought that it looked like this and I thought the idea was REALLY cool.

In my sketchbook there is an explosion behind him. Imagine it into the picture...

I didn't touch this one up because of the amount of crosshatching I'd have had to do. No bueno.

And there you go. That's all of the images from my sketchbook that I've touched up. I hope you enjoyed this delve into the world of my subconscious.

Vitotamito

Re: Vito's Stuff: OPEN FOR HARDCORE CRITIQUING!

Postby Vitotamito » August 12th, 2010, 1:45 am

I've shown you all my Animations, Drawings, 3D Art, Paintings, Fine Art, Comics, Photomanipulation... What else can I put in my sketchbook?

I'm here to show you all my music I've been working on. I've been hard at work on making a bunch of different types of songs, my most recent being an Orchestral piece that I'm pretty proud of. I'm working on making an Orchestral/Metal album called "Dark Energy" which explores the almost untapped genre of Orchestral Space Opera Metal (Inspired by this dude http://www.last.fm/music/Ayreon).

So here's my Last.fm musician profile:
http://www.last.fm/music/Travis+Tessmer

The song is called "Time." I also encourage you to listen to my other one called "Imagine" that features my crappy homosexual sounding vocals.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » August 14th, 2010, 10:39 pm

My mom has me making cards for her, and I thought this one was pretty cool:

EDIT:

While we're on the subject:

My grandma is currently in the hospital.

Vitotamito

Postby xkrazydog » August 15th, 2010, 8:36 am

Vitotamito wrote:Oooo thank you! I envy people who can do a lot of detail like you, though.

Alright let's continue this adventure.

I like how I made the water in this image, but you think I can remember how I did it? Nope.

I love this one xD. It's adorableee. I just wish you added more pieces of sea weed and underwater flooring to it XD. And maybe some fish in the background (but very obscurish).
Your style is developing really nicely +w+ I love ittt.
xkrazydog

Postby eishiya » August 15th, 2010, 9:33 am

That water is some painting (to get the main colours) or perhaps Render->Clouds filter with some extra painting for that lighter area, and then a Distort->Glass filter. After that, perhaps a Posterize with some 10-20 colours or the Artistic->Dry Brush filter to get the sharper edges.

/nerd
eishiya

Postby Vitotamito » September 19th, 2010, 2:08 am

It's been a while, so I might as well throw a couple pictures in herr.

Coloring Books!

Me, at the beach! That's actually the beach I was at, but I thought I'd just toss myself in there.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » September 19th, 2010, 9:54 pm

PREPARE FOR MIND BLOWING.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » September 22nd, 2010, 12:12 pm

http://vitotamito.deviantart.com/art/Se ... -180145195

Hey all! I've begun on my first animated scene for my senior project! I'm really excited about this, and I want to know what you all think!

If you have red-blue 3D glasses, you can wear them and it'd be cool, but if not that's okay as well.

The pot he's gesturing at is going to shatter when all is said and done.

Vitotamito

Re: Vito wants YOU to tell him what you think!

Postby Vitotamito » October 29th, 2010, 2:04 am

Literally the lack of effort in this asteroid picture is astounding. I was making/texturing a rock in 3D and I came up with something that looked vaguely like an asteroid, so I took less than 30 seconds and photoshopped this up.

Right-click and his "View Image" to see the full-size thing. It's all 720p big n stuff.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » October 29th, 2010, 5:55 am

Sorry to sort of Double-Post this so quickly, but I'm working on a script at the moment for an animation project I'm going to be working on when I get back home, and I kind of want to keep pictures and writing separate. I'm kinda looking for some feedback on my first scene.

-Does it come off as awkward as hell (what I'm after)?
-Is it too boring?
-Do you think there's enough conflict in the two characters as far as their personalities goes (Average vs. Train Wreck)? Or should I change Andy up a little? Larry is a set character... (Seriously, an Alcoholic Liver, how much better can you get?)
-Keep in mind it's going to be Animated, not live action.

Spoiler! :
LODGERS
"Episode 1: Lodgers"
ACT 1

EXT. ANDY’S FRONT DOOR - EVENING
ANDY, your stereotypical main character, average in every way, slightly intelligent, twenty three years old, goes to school at the local community college, opens up the door of his apartment after hearing a knock.

Standing in the doorway is LARRY. Larry is an anthropomorphic liver. He is an alcoholic, depressed, and an all-around Train Wreck of a person. A hazard to himself an others.

ANDY
Can I, uh... can I help you?

LARRY
Hey, what’s up, I’m here about the ad.

ANDY
“The ad?”

Larry looks down at the newspaper in his hand and back at Andy.

LARRY
You’re Andy Goldstein? This is 201 Beach street?

Andy scratches his head. He then snaps his fingers.

ANDY
Right! The ad in the newspaper. You’re here about the lodger ad.

LARRY
Yeah. That’s the ad alright.

Andy opens the door further allowing Larry into the house. Larry enters and Andy shuts the door behind him.

ANDY
So, uh... like...

LARRY
Is there a problem?

Andy gestures up and down.

ANDY
You’re a, um...

LARRY
Oh! Right, yeah. I am, in fact, a liver.

ANDY
How exactly does that... work?

LARRY
Yeah, I really have no clue.

Awkward silence ensues.

LARRY
This is a nice place.

ANDY
Oh, thank you! Yeah, it’s not much, but I try to make it work...

LARRY
(beat)
Right...

ANDY
Yeah...

LARRY
I like what you’ve done with the ah, fake plant... thing. Very feng shui.

ANDY
Thanks... You know why don’t I show you around a little more. Give you a tour.

LARRY
Right, because you know... I was kind of expecting that-

ANDY
Right sorry-

LARRY
Five minutes ago...

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » November 8th, 2010, 12:45 pm

You'll have to excuse the transparency on these images, it should be in front of black for the best effect. And their size... they're full 1080p.

This is a Hologram texture I made using file-based textures and procedural textures. The scanlines move up, the noise flickers, both of which you can't see in these pictures. The model is my shitty character I modeled 2 years ago. The wire-frame is his actual wire-mesh in maya that I used as the basis for my texture. I mapped it to the incandescence, so you can see the texture without lights in the scene.

To anyone who doesn't know anything about 3D Texturing, I'm speaking absolute jibberish. :ugeek:

Vitotamito

Re: Vito's Stuff: Prepare for Ultimate Viewage.

Postby Vitotamito » December 6th, 2010, 2:24 am

Alright, here's the deal.

I've begun on my first non-school-related animation project, and I'm in the middle of the "Character Design/Creation" phase. So far, I have my character (you may remember him as the Larry Liver, the alcoholic liver from my previous writing passage). I'm taking this picture of him and using it as my basic layout in Adobe Illustrator.
Once there I will have control over the average thickness of his lines and whatnot, and so far that's going well. Every piece of him is split into a separate layer. Right down to his pupils. This way I can bring him into after effects and use the puppet tool and parenting to create his basic overarching structure and animation tools. And from there the possibilities are endless!

Because I'm making him a vector drawing the scaling will have no effect on the quality of his lines (no pixelation).

Sorry about all of these TL;DR posts...

Vitotamito

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase