Feel free to point out my mistakes you rascals

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: VITO'S new Sketchbook...

Postby Vitotamito » March 29th, 2010, 2:45 am

I know I posted this in the "Pictures of You 4.0" thread, but I'm proud of my photoshopping:

It's ME from The informant.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: VITO'S new Sketchbook...

Postby Vitotamito » April 5th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Always, I wanna be with you, and make believe with you, and live in harmony harmony always.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Vito's collection of AWESOME. Period.

Postby MacSimon » April 5th, 2010, 9:42 pm

"How to train your dragon" isn't even out here, and i already wish it was done with your style (also, i dislike 3D movies, so...).

You have done some amazing stuff lately, Vito.
MacSimon

Postby Vitotamito » April 6th, 2010, 2:45 am

Psh, not as awesome as your new Avatar! But I'll accept the compliment gladly, thanks!

Vitotamito

Postby Nymine » April 6th, 2010, 4:45 am

That unicorn is completely awesome.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Vitotamito » April 11th, 2010, 4:02 am

Why thank you very much! I don't think that there can be a picture of a Unicorn that is not awesome!

Today's picture is of myself, done as Manga as I'll allow myself to get without doing it to be funny or ironic.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » April 11th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Here's a look at my 3.5 Edition D&D Character. It's a bit off from what I originally intended him to be. I went from Dr. Orpheus from Venture Bros as my initial idea to a cross between him and Jeff Winger from Community. In the last town we spent the night at I visited what was apparently the equivalent of a Medieval Target and bought some really snazzy leather clothing and a cowboy hat for my character.

My character's full name is Dr. Byron Orpheus "Danger" Roberts Attorney at Law. But he had a dramatic moment when he just went, "Danger's my middle name, so why don't you call me by it."

Name: Dr. Byron Orpheus Danger Roberts Attorney at Law
Level: 4
Race: Elf (But I look human)
Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 105 lbs.

I specialized in Performance Acting, Bluff, and Disguise with my roommate, and our story is that we've based ourselves off of The Brothers Grimm/Sam and Dean Winchester and we cheat people out of their money and have sex with all of their women while fighting supernatural monsters from the Feywild. We always end up bumbling things up and failing miserably and booking it out of town.

Vitotamito

Postby Nymine » April 12th, 2010, 4:49 pm

That. Is the most awesome character/story/ANYTHING concept I've ever heard(and one of my favoritest character types)!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Piano-kun » April 12th, 2010, 4:57 pm

^^ This guy is awesome. Especially his rugged look and his hat. "Danger, danger, danger!" XD

I'm loving your art style. It's so sharp.
Piano-kun

Postby Guest » April 12th, 2010, 10:13 pm

beautiful
that nice

Postby Vitotamito » April 12th, 2010, 11:48 pm

@Nymine: Just for you I'm going to post an "Excerpt" from my campaign on friday that I wrote down in my campaign journal I'm keeping.

Spoiler! :
After murdering a group of 5 Bladelings outside of a fortified Keep, we interrogated one of them (Myself playing the role of Bad Cop). I had to use Tongues on him to make him talk and about 5 or 6 slaps on his rotten mouth to get him to stop swearing. Then we finally dumped half a bottle of green stuff down his throat until he was drunken and delusional and mistook us for his own kind. We learned that around the back of the keep were 5 more bladelings and their leader with the key to the keep.

"I have an idea, everyone," I announced. "This is going to sound crazy, but I've got just the right amount of stuff to get it done. I'm going to cast 'disguise self' on myself to look like a bladeling and I'm going to run around the building and try to get them to go around front. At which point we ambush them from behind!"

"How will you get them to follow you, you don't speak their language..."

"I'm going to pretend that I've gone mute and use elaborate hand gestures."

The plan was set, my disguise was beautiful, and I entered the encampment looking as a distraught Bladeling would. One of them tried to give me the Heimlich maneuver and thought something might be awry because of how I felt. I was able to act the others into turning on him and pushing him away as I led them around the building. I made about 8 checks of 3 of my skills total and passed every single one except for one of them. As they examined the area where we'd slain their brethren, I snuck back to my friend who had sprung the ambush! It went swimingly and we slaughtered them like animals. I gave the performance of a lifetime this day, and it will go down in the books as one of the greatest diversions ever made. End of Story.

@Piano-kun: You know it's funny. I'm always really envious of people who can pull off a style that's rough and (I don't want to use the word "Scribbly" but...) scratchy. But as my mother always tells me, "You have to be clean, or else people will think you're THAT kid who doesn't take showers and uses BO scented deodorant."

@Outsourcingser: I'm honored that you chose my sketchbook for your first comment! :D Thank you much!

Here's the preliminary art for my Senior Project.

Half of it isn't textured yet. And I'm still working on making it a lot more Flat, but at the same time 3D. It's painfully difficult to do.

Especially when you're trying to make perspective shots like this one.

I'm a little further along at the moment, but still not where I'd like it.

Vitotamito

Re: Official: Smackjeeves' 4th Coolest Sketchbook (make it #1!)

Postby Vitotamito » April 13th, 2010, 6:43 pm

The color on this is waaaay shitty. I don't know why. But that's everything textured.

I'm trying to find a happy medium between my texture overlay version:

and my regular version:

EDIT:
Here's the textured one at 50%

Vitotamito

Postby Amante » April 13th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Dear All Mighty and talented Mr. Vito

I love your art, marry me?
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Vitotamito » April 14th, 2010, 1:06 am

This is all so unexpected! I don't know what to say, I mean, I have to find a ring, and a suit, and one of those clip-on black bowties...

Yes! Of course the answer is yes!

Vitotamito

Postby MacSimon » April 15th, 2010, 9:48 pm

I'd makle the texture 75% visible, but adding some lights as well. Maybe the cheap render that Photoshop has. : P
Then change the layer into Soft Light and check the result.
This, of course, assuming you make this awesome-ery in Photoshop. : P
MacSimon

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase