Feel free to point out my mistakes you rascals

Showcase your artistic works here for all to admire and critique. All forms of art are welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to allow individuals to post their artwork for admiration and critique; it is NOT for promoting your comic (see Self-Promotion). It is strictly forbidden to create a topic with the sole purpose of linking to your comic.

Re: Official: Smackjeeves' 4th Coolest Sketchbook (make it #1!)

Postby Vitotamito » April 16th, 2010, 2:16 am

Oh if only it we as easy as adding s default photoshop light... I'm going to add lights in Maya and I need to composite shadows in after effects on a separate render layer as well as render out a depth pass for a lens blur... That probably went right over everyone's head, sorry. I was kind of writing it down for my own notes-to-self. Also, you seem to have hit the nail on the head with my texture, as those are pretty close to my settings for the last picture.

I drew this awesome... collage of pictures tonight and I just scanned it in because it was totally rad.

There's a lot of patterns, transitions, relations, and very intended coincidences in this picture. Have fun!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Official: Smackjeeves' 4th Coolest Sketchbook (make it #1!)

Postby Vitotamito » May 1st, 2010, 1:17 am

This is the best life drawing I've ever done in my life. Also, I got a 100% on it. Sorry for the poor quality.

And this is a skeleton I drew. I got an A on it as well.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Vito's collection of AWESOME (now with partial nudity)

Postby Nya » May 1st, 2010, 5:50 pm

The life drawing looks fantastic. :D Well earned A.
Nya

Re: Vito's collection of AWESOME (now with partial nudity)

Postby Vitotamito » May 11th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Aww thanks! I'm sure I could never produce another image like that ever again, though...

Today we have:

PLEASE PUT ON 3D GLASSES NOW (Red/Blue ones)

EDIT: FULL SIZE, FULLY 3D IMAGES BELOW!!!!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150 ... layout.png

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150 ... STING2.jpg

Vitotamito

Re: Vito's collection of AWESOME (NOW IN 3D!!!)

Postby Vitotamito » May 19th, 2010, 10:44 pm

So who here likes cute puppies? Who here wants to see my cute puppy? Here you go!

Okay okay, I might have made a little bit of touch up on this... namely adding my eyes to my dog. But isn't she just cute as a button?

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » May 31st, 2010, 12:22 am

A bunch more images of some of my Senior Project.

Spoiler! :

Now on to the actual animation of this. I'm doing Pencil and Paper, I've decided.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » June 2nd, 2010, 12:50 am

HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT MY DEMO REEL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKSkmjMjSQ

I'm one step closer to getting a job! And the edge. I'm one step closer to that too and I'm about to break!

Vitotamito

Postby Charlie » June 2nd, 2010, 4:54 am

Vitotamito wrote:HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT MY DEMO REEL!!!

I'm one step closer to getting a job! And the edge. I'm one step closer to that too and I'm about to break!

0:58 through 1:10 is a thing of beauty. The rest was good too, but that little pencil animation really stood out to me.
Charlie: Tempering strongly held views with humour and icecream since 1988.
Charlie

Postby Supervillain » June 2nd, 2010, 11:14 am

Vitotamito wrote:HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT MY DEMO REEL!!!

you have impressed me *U*
how long did it take you do all that? O,o ... and im not talking about the video splicing...
Supervillain

Postby Vitotamito » June 3rd, 2010, 11:39 am

@Charlie: I don't want to toot my own horn here, but I blew my Animation 1 class out of the water with that. I finished it 5 days early and when I asked my teacher what I should change he said absolutely nothing and gave me 100% on the spot. I LOVE IT TOO!

@Supervillain: It's kind of a collection of my entire career in college, so I can probably break it down a bit.
The squirrel animation took me 10 weeks, and it was GRUELING. The room with the cans and stuff took me about 6 weeks to model and texture. The run cycle of that cat took me literally 1 hour. The 2D one with the girl and the guy and then it turns all drug-trippy at the end took me 19 hours (I did it for a 24 hour animation project). The shot where it's in a gym looking at a science fair project I'm still working on, but that much of it took me about 4 or 5 weeks. The Space ship took me a week. The flour sack running took me about a week. The blue guy took me about a week as well, but the main project of that was to rig him, which took about 5 weeks to learn. :shock: Man, I just realized how long I've spent on my various projects for school! That's a lot!

The actual editing of that video took me off-and-on because it was spliced between a lot of projects, the better part of a quarter (about 6 weeks) mostly because I had to re-render, touch up, re-light, etc. everything. :geek:

Vitotamito

Postby gun21 » June 3rd, 2010, 12:17 pm

Vito put his phonenumber online!

Everyone, get to prank calling!
gun21

Postby Vitotamito » June 3rd, 2010, 12:27 pm

gun21 wrote:Vito put his phonenumber online!

Everyone, get to prank calling!

I remember about a year and a half ago I got a call from some number, no clue who it was.

Me: "Hello?"
Him: "Vito?"
Me: "Some people call me this, yes."
Him: "Do you know who this is?"
Me: "This wouldn't be Bling, would it?"
Him: "It is!"

He'd told me he was going to call me because I had my number on Facebook and we're Facebook friends. Ahhh, good times. I think we talked for like, a half hour or something.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » June 10th, 2010, 12:13 am

This was my friend and I's tribute to Dio. Him riding a rainbow into hell doing the devil-horn thing he invented. Long live Rock and Roll.

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » June 21st, 2010, 12:06 am

A few topical things:

This is mother nature (an Ent, apparently) spewing oil all over Louisiana as a fatality in MORTAL KOMBAT.

I feel like this one might need explaining. Woody and Buzz get put into Andy's drawer at college and find a bag of pot and get high. End of story. I DON'T WRITE THESE THINGS. (In my original idea, I didn't trust him that the joke would work, so I pushed it a little much http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150 ... buzzed.jpg and he didn't like it...)

Vitotamito

Postby Vitotamito » July 21st, 2010, 5:56 pm

WARNING!
Awesomeness May Ensue.

I recently scanned in a bunch of pictures from my notebook and touched them up in photoshop. This is what happened.

Spock and Kirk.

ANGER!

What is that? Seriously!

BANG BANG!

MORE TO COME...
Last edited by Vitotamito on July 23rd, 2010, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vitotamito

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Showcase