LISTEN :=: AMAZING COMIC IDEA BUT I NEED HELP TO ACOMPLISH!!

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

Re: LISTEN :=: AMAZING COMIC IDEA BUT I NEED HELP TO ACOMPLI

Postby mrnice » September 5th, 2019, 1:25 pm

How long do you want those stories to be? (how many pages?)
Because I think if they're all like 30 pages-ish it might be doable but if they're like 300 pages, wouldn't it take your whole life to do them?
You sound like you really want to do all of those stories. I don't know you or how experienced you are as a writer, but writing this many stories is a lot of hard work, and patience and discipline, I think you could make some stuff easier for yourself?
My point is: Maybe make a lot of short (or medium length) stories. Sometimes you only need a few pages to tell a story, to say what you want to say, and to get the reader to know what you need them to know. Also making shorter stories takes less time to make (usually), and you'll get a sense of achievement sooner.
I also think that it's easier to find artists if you make short stories, because shorter stories are less pages and less pages are less time consuming for the artists? But the latter is just a guess, I don't know what the artists community is like, maybe I'm wrong.

Another idea I have is that you maybe focus on a few stories (I'd say like 3 maximum) while still fleshing out the others (in case they aren't fully fleshed out yet). That way you can maybe search for artists for those few stories you focus on, and advertising these "focus stories". It is less overwhelming for you to search artists for 1-3 stories at once, than 18 stories at once. It's also less overwhelming for other people I think. And you can still work on the other stories while advertising the focus stories.

Good luck finding artists and working on your stories :D
mrnice

Previous

Return to Creative Collaboration