Writer with stories to tell searching for an Artist (unpaid)

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

Postby srebak2003 » April 29th, 2018, 2:08 am

I'll come right to the point with this thread: I am trying to write two very specific fanfictions stories

One of them a fan-made Season 2 for the 2011 reboot of the show Thundercats, which aired and ran on Cartoon Network from 2011-2012, only be cancelled after just the first season. My Season is considerably different from what was initially planned by the creators and writers of the show, but, nearly everyone who has read what i have written down so far with my fanfic has, thus far, really liked it. In fact, just a few years ago, an artist fan of my fanfic actually offered to do some illustrations for my stories, which i gladly accepted. However, after he decided to end our little arrangement after a while, I have been searching for a new artist to do this sort of thing ever since. I'd really like for my Thundercats fanfic to be made into visual illustrations.

But, as for my other fanfic, it is a fan-made sequel series for the Disney Channel Original series; American Dragon: Jake Long, a lesser known TV show that I have been trying to write a sequel series for ever since i found out about a fan-made attempt to revive the more popular TV show, Kim Possible

I am only asking for an artist who is willing to work with me on this no-profit type of collaboration. But as far as what kind of artists that i am looking for, well, all i can really ask for in that regard is an artist that will make drawings that will show the stories and the characters some respect. Nothing too fancy or all that detailed, really, but please, not too cartoonish or silly either.

The pictures don't have to be fully colored either, a black and white illustration is better than no illustrations at all.

Keep in mind though that i am willing to work with a collaboration artist who will willingly do a fan comic at the very most and a few simple illustrations at the very least.

But, in any event though, if any artist is willing to work with me on this kind of thing, please let me know so that we can work out the details together. Also, if you want to actually see what my aforementioned stories are, please follow these links:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8512923/1/ ... 1-Season-2

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12137139/1 ... -Breathers

And if you want to get, at least, some knowledge about the shows that these stories are using as source material, please follow these links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThunderCa ... _TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... _Jake_Long
Last edited by srebak2003 on July 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
srebak2003

Re: Looking for artists for a nonprofit collaboration

Postby AltCat » April 29th, 2018, 7:12 am

srebak2003 wrote:I’ll just come right to the point and say this; I am looking for artists who are willing to help me to turn two certain fan fiction stories of mine into fan comics of sorts. You can either choose to work on one or to work on the other, either way this is just a no-profit, just for fun type of endeavor. So, if anyone out there is interested and has the time, please let me know and we’ll go over the particular details.

The other one sure sounds more intriguing than the one.. :?

If disclosing at least what it is fan fiction of, it will probably gain a lot more relevant attention.

Unless of course it actually really is fan fiction of Endeavour. 8-)
AltCat

Postby eishiya » April 29th, 2018, 8:35 am

You're not going to get any interest if you don't tell people what your stories are about. You don't have to spoil the entire story, but you have to provide enough information for people to know whether they're interested. You have to create interest before artists will commit to PMing you for details, and no one should have to PM you for details that every single candidate needs to know. What are they fanfics of? What's the general gist or, at least, tone of the plot? How long would the comics be? What kind of art styles would fit them? What do you plan to do with the comics?
eishiya

Postby srebak2003 » April 29th, 2018, 5:03 pm

I edited the first post, is it any better now?
srebak2003

Postby AltCat » May 7th, 2018, 7:43 am

I have arrived per summon! No wishes will be granted! 8-)

srebak2003 wrote:Just so you know I revised the first post of my recruitment thread. Could you please check it out and see if it’s any better now?

Yes much better. Of course all the things eishiya mentioned would make it more so. Since we now know the source material though, and it is comics or cartoons already, most people may just assume any style similar to what has been. So that could be a bit of lesser importance in fan things, but it is still good to make any preference for a style known within reason of course. One could quickly be narrowing free work down to no work.

And on the topic of work, like I advised before on these things. Put up example scripts indicating how you would be to work with. Does not need be the entire script obviously, (that's the mentioned synopsis, which you should also have) but just a page or a few would do.

The only new thing I can think of really in this particular case is to maybe also look into a fan forums for these specific series, I'm sure they have plenty. Since that of course would at least make the amount of people interested in the same thing reach 100%. But quite a few % of those probably draw things, tends to be the case anyway.
AltCat

Postby srebak2003 » July 23rd, 2018, 2:11 am

(Deleted by poster)
Last edited by srebak2003 on July 23rd, 2018, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srebak2003

Re: Writer with stories to tell searching for an Artist (unp

Postby eishiya » July 23rd, 2018, 6:31 am

Please do not make new threads for the same projects, reuse your existing ones. You can always edit the first post in the thread to add new details. I've merged your threads, but you may want to put your more recent post into the first one, since it contains important information.
eishiya

Return to Creative Collaboration