In need of first artist plz

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

In need of first artist plz

Postby Rocatex » May 14th, 2018, 4:15 pm

I need my first artist plz
Rocatex

Re: In need of first artist plz

Postby Squirreltastic-Blue » May 14th, 2018, 6:09 pm

For what?
Squirreltastic-Blue

Postby Rocatex » May 14th, 2018, 8:08 pm

for Project :Pax, a superhero story in 10 chapters
Rocatex

Postby Rocatex » May 14th, 2018, 8:10 pm

pax project : pax
Rocatex

Postby K-cho » May 16th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Hi, is this project the same as the one that you describe in your other recent post in this forum seeking an artist? Even if not, I would recommend that you consider the advice that people gave you in that thread and give out much more information regarding what kind of comic it will be, what kind of art style are you seeking, what are your expectations for how the collaboration will work, etc.
K-cho

Postby Rocatex » May 17th, 2018, 8:16 am

I did, but people stopped showing up on that forum and I have a decent amount of script done for Project: Pax.
Rocatex

Postby eishiya » May 17th, 2018, 9:03 am

Please stick to one thread. Making multiple uninformative threads just clutters the forum and won't help you find an artist. Make your one thread good, provide all the information an artist would need to decide to try working with you up-front.

Nobody starts out wanting to work with you, you have to convince them that your project is really cool by sharing information about it, and you have to convince them that you're great to work with by being respectful in providing that information, and you have to convince them that this project is better than the other things they could be working on (or won't get in the way of those other things) by telling them the exact parameters of the work they'll have to do. It's a lot of work just to make people consider working with you, and you haven't done it.
eishiya

Postby Rocatex » May 17th, 2018, 2:53 pm

I know, but I don´t want to give the story away, plus there are artists asking for writers. Congrats on 9800 posts, seems like a milestone
Rocatex

Postby Seruta » May 17th, 2018, 3:18 pm

You don't have to give the story away. You can stay brief, but still be informative.
What Synopsis are you going to put on the front page of your story?
If you don't have a synopsis planned/written out yet, then consider the following.

What type of story is it? Superhero was mentioned before, so done on that. But does it fall into any other categories? Slice of Life? BL? Macabre? Romance?
What's the setting? Is it cyber/future? Space? Modern day? Medieval Fantasy? Apocalyptic? Post-Apocalyptic?
What type of style? Are you looking for something cute and chibi? More realistic? Manga in appearance? Cartoon-ish?
Possible features? Will there be blood/gore? Drinking? Smoking? Sex? Some people might not want to draw some of these things, so best to pinpoint all the points necessary.
Possible triggers? Self-shaming? Bullying? Non-Consentual anything? Death? Drug-Abuse content? Etc... If there's anything that could possibly turn your artist off helping you, best to point that out as well. Probably good to note these things for your Synopsis as well, in case Readers might have a problem with reading the mentioned content.

You can still give information and still be discrete on the story. The above mentioned should be at the very top of your topic post to avoid people stopping to show up in the thread. Lack of information tends to do that.
Seruta

Postby Rocatex » May 17th, 2018, 3:57 pm

okay, (deep breath)

It´s a superhero story about twenty people who wake up in a facility with no memory and strange powers a man and his people say they can teach them, but something isn´t right about the man and his people (the N.I.L.E. corp), or even themselves. (Chapter 1)

It is a (deeper breath) Action, sci-fi, fantasy, a bit of horror, a bit of romance, mind control, fish, explosions, faceless people, genocide, evil flowers, egyptian obsession, retired heroes, demons that come in unannounced, more explosions, time-travel, accidental suicide, kidnapping, red-heads, and martrydom.
Rocatex

Postby Yenzala » May 17th, 2018, 8:23 pm

you said 10 chapters, about how many pages in each? Or total? It might also be helpful to let people know just what kind of work load they'd be taking on.
Yenzala

Postby Rocatex » May 18th, 2018, 8:17 am

Um, maybe 50-70 pages per chapter? The number of pages increases slightly with each new chapter.
Rocatex

Postby HalfAssedChaos » May 18th, 2018, 9:20 am

To give a bit of perspective, 50-70 pages is quite a lot to ask someone to commit to with such little information. I get it that you're excited friend, but you need to calm down a bit. I mean no disrespect but the way you are presenting yourself isn't professional, it's childish and full of haste.

Lets say you find someone and they are able to fit in one page a week, fairly reasonable I would think. You are asking someone to commit to you for a year to a year and half of them spending their free time to your story with very little to go off of. And no, throwing out every theme out there doesn't give much help (even though I know you have an idea to bring all your chapters together), what it does is make it look scattered and disjointed. That's hard to get on board with for a year or longer.

Then if you add in the fact that there are 10 chapters, it's possible that this could turn into a decade long project. That's a lot to ask. Are you asking them to do it out of the kindness of their hearts or are you willing someone pay someone to help you out?

I would suggest you write out the entirety of your first chapter, all of it. Then let the community know when its done and see if anyone would like to read it to see if they would be interested in joining your project. That way only a few people, those already interested, would know this chapters story and you may find someone who digs it just as much as you do.

You are asking a lot friend, you need to offer a lot more in exchange.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby The Santeri » May 18th, 2018, 10:10 am

I'm sorry to say but I have to agree with the person above me. That is A LOT of pages per chapter! You need to consider that artist just can't magically whip up pages out of thin air. We need to decided the page layout, create pre-sketches to determine the angles and where the characters are placed, draw the characters and possibly backgrounds, add the text in appropriate spaces, then possibly color or shade in the characters with either black and white monochrome or fully color them in. Now imagine asking that of an artist to do that out of the kindness of their heart for free for 70 or so pages per chapter. Plus, you said, "The number of pages increases slightly with each new chapter." Which means the artist will be taking even MORE workload beyond 70 or so pages...!? Naw man, you have to rethink your strategy with your comic.
I'm currently helping another creator make their comic out the kindness of my heart, but only once and because we were able to meet halfway and create a plan. You need to offer your entire first chapter to the artist so they can decide for themselves if it is something they can dig and get behind. Becuase, no artist wants to work on a project that they themselves aren't interested in. It will lead to a lack of creativity and sour the entire project.
The Santeri

Postby Rocatex » May 18th, 2018, 2:54 pm

I do have the pages, they are just at my house (that I am not at right now) so I´m gonna have to wait untill I get there. Plus this is the first time I´ve made a comic, so I obviously have no experience and I am willing to work around the artists schedule and I write 3-4 pages per week.
Rocatex

Return to Creative Collaboration