can somone please help me with my comic [NVM]

Looking to team up on a creative project? Find other creators here.

can somone please help me with my comic [NVM]

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » January 29th, 2019, 1:59 am

Here it is http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=179680

I will accept one pereon to do the comic with me, it is super mario odyssey but with mostly my ocs
I cannot do or accept payment, sorry
Last edited by Pidgeot Slayer on February 15th, 2019, 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pidgeot Slayer

Re: Want people to help me with my comic, please?

Postby K-cho » January 31st, 2019, 9:52 pm

It will be helpful to people who might potentially be interested if you include more info about what kind of comic you are doing and how you expect to work together. :)
K-cho

Re: can somone please help me with my comic [no one agreed y

Postby eishiya » February 11th, 2019, 9:27 am

More information would be helpful. What do you expect the other person to do? Where do you want to take the story? How long do you want the story to be? How much of a commitment do you expect from the other person?
eishiya

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » February 12th, 2019, 5:19 am

Here is my whole thing I wrote for the accepting authors thing

This is how we will work together:

You draw the pages, send me them in private message (in the order they will go in if you post more then one)
I color the pages and upload.

I don't do or accept payments but I am sure we can figure somthing out.
All main nps (except cappy and tiara) are replaced by one of my oc, if you need to draw them ask me to explain them in detail and you can show me a sketch of them.
A new chapter starts per kingdom ( example: when they leave lake kingdom we make a new cover on the next kingdom) cap kingdom will be the intro and cascade kingdom is where chapter 1 starts.

Must follow the plot of super Mario odyssey
When the intro and when each chapter finishes you may start the cover but you have to wait for me to write the plot down (parts will be different from super mario odyssey) and when I sent the plot of the next kingdom down we can start drawing/coloring
Each chapter ends when the ferret puts the power moons into the odyssey and starts flying to the next kingdom.
If you are not sure on what to do or somthing ask me
Apply as a Co-Author

Is the accepting authors message okay or do I need to fix it?
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby eishiya » February 12th, 2019, 8:40 am

You may want to mention how long each chapter will be, and what the overall story will be (no need for spoilers, just a general gist, how does it differ from the game's story, beyond featuring your OCs?).

Other than that, it's fine as far as information goes! You may want to give it an edit to be worded a little more friendly, right now it sounds a little bossy, and not many like working with bossy people. Instead of phrasing like "you X", try "you would X" and instead of "must follow the plot", try "the story will follow the plot". You may also want to capitalise initialisms like OCs and NPCs to make the text easier to read, and check the punctuation.
eishiya

Postby Pidgeot Slayer » February 12th, 2019, 10:02 pm

eishiya wrote:You may want to mention how long each chapter will be, and what the overall story will be (no need for spoilers, just a general gist, how does it differ from the game's story, beyond featuring your OCs?).

Other than that, it's fine as far as information goes! You may want to give it an edit to be worded a little more friendly, right now it sounds a little bossy, and not many like working with bossy people. Instead of phrasing like "you X", try "you would X" and instead of "must follow the plot", try "the story will follow the plot". You may also want to capitalise initialisms like OCs and NPCs to make the text easier to read, and check the punctuation.

fixed?

This is how we will work together:

You would draw the pages And private message me each page In order (in one private message to avoid spamming me) then I will color and ad text to each page.

I don't do or accept payments but I am sure we can figure somthing out.
All main NPs (except cappy and tiara) are replaced by one of my OCs.
If you need to draw them in a new outfit or need to know another OC ask me to explain them in detail and you can show me a sketch of them if you want to make sure you drew them correctly.
A new chapter starts per kingdom (example: when they leave lake kingdom we make a new cover on the next kingdom) cap kingdom will be the intro and cascade kingdom is where chapter 1 starts.
Each chapter will be about 10-25 pages long, each page with 6-8 panels some chapters may be longer than others

The story will follow the plot of super Mario odyssey
When the intro and when each chapter finishes you may start the cover but you will have to wait for me to write the plot down and private message it to you (parts will be different from super mario odyssey) and when I sent the plot of the next kingdom down we can start drawing/coloring.
Each chapter ends when the ferret puts the power moons into the odyssey and starts flying to the next kingdom.
If you are not sure on what to do or somthing ask me
Pidgeot Slayer

Postby Eightfish » February 13th, 2019, 11:35 pm

If I be a bit blunt with you for a minute, as your proposal is right now I think it would be very unlikely for you to find someone to work with you on this.

You've said a lot about what you want the artist to do, but not a lot about why. You haven't included many interesting plot details or creative descriptions of OCs that might make a prospective artist interested in your story, or any details about yourself that would indicate you'd be fun to work on a story with. You also haven't said if the artist would contribute to the story itself or not. It sounds like you want someone to work for you, not with you. And for free, too.

It seems to me like you have a story in your head that you're already really invested in and just want to see put on paper. If that's the case, I think maybe you should consider commissioning someone to draw for you, or hunkering down and drawing it yourself instead. That way, you can have high quality art, and be (almost) as picky about the story details and scheduling as you want.
Eightfish

Return to Creative Collaboration