help!

Discuss the art of creating art here. Share tutorials and tips with your fellow comic creators.

help!

Postby DevilBoi » September 4th, 2017, 7:32 pm

can some one pretty plz help me learn how to do this. i'm new to drawing manga, but im a pencil and paper gal, i have no idea how to uses sites like this, can someone plz teach me
DevilBoi

Re: help!

Postby eishiya » September 4th, 2017, 8:12 pm

If you mean how to get your comic into a form you can use with this website: You will need a scanner, or a very good digital camera with appropriate lighting. Scanners are pretty cheap these days, the Canon LiDE series is pretty good for scanning pencil and ink stuff and there are models under $40.
In addition to a scanner or some other way to digitize your page, you'll need an image editor to scale your image to an appropriate size for the web, so it's not too big. There are free options for this, such as GIMP and probably others that I'm not aware of.
eishiya

Postby DevilBoi » September 5th, 2017, 11:34 am

thank you for the advise,, i believe my computer has scanner on it. i'll have to look and try it out ig. thank you
DevilBoi

Postby eishiya » September 5th, 2017, 11:39 am

A scanner is a separate piece of hardware that you put your artwork on/in. It's not likely that your computer has one built-in. Some printers are printer/scanner combos though, maybe you have one of those?
eishiya

Return to Art Tutorials & Techniques