Free Image Editing programs

Discuss the art of creating art here. Share tutorials and tips with your fellow comic creators.

Re: Free Image Editing programs

Postby MaryKetchum » June 22nd, 2013, 11:58 am

Thanks for the complete list. I only use gimp until now. I guess its time for me to learn one two new things
MaryKetchum

Postby chasehoward » August 6th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Autodesk Copic Edition is free and not bad, but I can't see anyone using it for a full comic page.
Adobe has Photoshop CS2 free to download. They have stopped supporting it because of it's age, and they have a serial number with it that works. They have a page saying that it is only for people who legitimately purchased CS2 in the past, but it's more or less run on the trust system. They don't know if you bought it or not. You have to register an account and then download it from https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads .
Only two that I could think of that weren't on the list.
chasehoward

Postby JoKeR » August 7th, 2013, 11:06 pm

chasehoward wrote:...Adobe has Photoshop CS2 free to download. They have stopped supporting it because of it's age, and they have a serial number with it that works. They have a page saying that it is only for people who legitimately purchased CS2 in the past, but it's more or less run on the trust system. They don't know if you bought it or not. You have to register an account and then download it from https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads .
Only two that I could think of that weren't on the list.

look on the last page before...
JoKeRcologne wrote:I don't know if some one mentioned this before... but this is pretty awesome.
http://www.adobe.com/de/downloads/cs2_d ... index.html

:mrgreen:

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby takvim 2015 » October 20th, 2014, 11:07 am

Thanks for list..
my favorite software is InkScape
takvim 2015

Postby BluRaven C. Houvener » August 11th, 2015, 12:41 pm

It's great to see Paint.net getting some love. Most of the people i've talked to about it have never heard of it. Strikes me as odd. The program is as user friendly as MS Paint but lets you execute feats as good as Photoshop!
BluRaven C. Houvener

Postby DarkReaperProductions » August 11th, 2015, 2:49 pm

This depends on what you mean. The ABSOLUTE best editing image software has got to be Paint.Net, though it sucks at creating artwork on.
DarkReaperProductions

Postby Reirfin173 » February 23rd, 2016, 7:51 am

I just used GIMP Also ..As the brother says that its good i think its not absolutely good but fine i think would be the good word for this...Its size ratio againt the result is below the average so whay ??..Otherwise the other formate are good along it ..
Reirfin173

Postby SweetestKOs » April 26th, 2016, 7:03 pm

So an animation program called opentoonz just became open source. Apparently it's the same program used by studio ghibli to make princess mononoke. It just came out so it has its fair share of problems but it has a small community ready to help. I hope some of you aspiring animators find this helpful.
SweetestKOs

Postby Zarl » April 27th, 2016, 2:22 am

SweetestKOs wrote:So an animation program called opentoonz just became open source. Apparently it's the same program used by studio ghibli to make princess mononoke. It just came out so it has its fair share of problems but it has a small community ready to help. I hope some of you aspiring animators find this helpful.

I was trying to use this the other day, but it would crash immediately, lol.
Hopefully in a bit they can help fix it up a bit more since it is open source now.
Zarl

Postby gabble » June 26th, 2016, 1:03 am

Personally I like to use this free program: http://medibangpaint.com/en/pc/
I've had a problem with Gimp when using my Wacom Intuos tablet, where if I had the pressure sensitivity on it will start to lag, but I've been using mediabang for a few months now and I've never had that problem with it. it also has a few neat functions in it that are great for webcomics! One of the functions makes it super easy to draw straight panel boarders; though this particular function does not allow for more than basic horizontal and vertical panels, it does have straight line functions that can help if you want to so things like diagonal or overlapping panels.
In terms of cons, it can be a bit confusing until you get used to all the functions, but that's the same with all programs the first time you use them.The other con is that there are two pop-ups each time you open it, which ask about getting the paid version.
Other than that it doesn't really have any noticable drawbacks (for me at least), and I find it relatively easy to use.
gabble

Postby Tacbot Unit-89 » July 7th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Krita, it a pretty heavy duty progrem. It got an excellent brush engine, it's fantastic for painterly work and inking style illustration. It got some specilized tools for comic creation, simialer in a lot of ways to Clip Paint, Like paneling tools and perspective rulers, an automated color fill feature to help speed up color flats, a feature to make paper illustrations opaque like animation cell. And you can animate int it, which is pretty sweet.
Sonic-ock wrote:good euphemisms for taking a poop I've heard recently, Busting a Nugget and Making Bears.
Tacbot Unit-89

Postby JoKeR » August 2nd, 2016, 6:41 pm

Not free but very cheap ...and powerful. Paint Tool SAI ...and I didn't notice that a beta for testing was published.
http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/devdept.html The newest version is 2016-07-30 Technical Preview.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Espurrr » September 21st, 2017, 3:54 am

FotoJet
info: free graphics editor to try, which owns plentiful practical-use templates, effects, fonts and editing tools.

DesignEvo
info: a good online logo maker that allows you fully customize logos to suit your exact needs
Espurrr

Previous

Return to Art Tutorials & Techniques