Tutorials, Resources etc.

Discuss the art of creating art here. Share tutorials and tips with your fellow comic creators.

Re: Tutorials, Resources etc.

Postby Amam » January 19th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I wrote a thing about emoting vs expressing and it seemed well received, so maybe some people here can make use of it too.
Illustrated Diary
My tumblr
Amam

Postby AuroraArt » February 25th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Amam wrote:I wrote a thing about emoting vs expressing and it seemed well received, so maybe some people here can make use of it too.

Thanks, Amam! I just saw this and this is very helpful. Thank you.
AuroraArt

Postby Minakia » June 11th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Omg, a goldmine of resources! Thank you a million times for this post! now I can go work on my weaknesses.

Also, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this site or will but it's my all time fav and it's where I got better at drawing gestures.
http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice- ... e-drawing/
You can also draw animals!

I feel better about trying now, and even if I don't know where to start I can piece together something when I'm ready. Thanks again! :D
Minakia

Postby Hatter98 » June 24th, 2013, 11:01 pm

I don't know if you put this in your post already,

But the iPad apps Neu.Draw are great for bold line-art. And Comic Life is great for organizing your panels.
Hatter98

Postby MrUnderwood » July 21st, 2013, 8:00 pm

I was wondering if I could contribute to the writers specifically. I wrote a small guide on world-building/construction and thought it might come in handy to the writers. It's mostly directed to fantasy/sci-fi writers but I'm sure others could get something out of it as well.

I have the link provided to the online version. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxQIfmhktnQJQlhJWV94SUZFa0E&usp=sharing

Thank you for the consideration.
MrUnderwood

Photoshop Tutorials

Postby Jakkal » September 25th, 2015, 7:42 pm

So I'm new here, and I thought I might start out by offering to post some of my Photoshop tutorials. They're kinda big so I don't know if they'll fit. But if people are interested, I'll post more. I need to redo them as they're, from what I understand, not easy to follow if people aren't somewhat adept at Photoshop.

I've been using Photoshop professionally since 1998. I can also do a photoshop AMA if anyone would like to ask me stuff. I can't say I know all the tricks, but I've got enough experience to know how to do a lot of stuff. And if I don't know it, I can go look it up and try to translate it from pro to newb speak.

Here's one of my Tutorials, also located here: http://jakkalwolf.deviantart.com/art/Te ... -433436385

This tutorial also references this smooth blending brush: http://jakkalwolf.deviantart.com/art/Tu ... -446273933
Jakkal

Re: Photoshop Tutorials

Postby eishiya » September 25th, 2015, 8:35 pm

We have a general resource/tutorial thread (it's one of the stickies), so you'd be better off posting your tutorials there. If you want, I can merge this thread into it.
eishiya

Re: Photoshop Tutorials

Postby Jakkal » September 26th, 2015, 12:15 pm

Sure, if you think that's the thing to do. These are actually my tutorials, so I thought I could answer questions or offer advice if it comes up.
Jakkal

Postby Arison » February 13th, 2016, 7:47 pm

So I am looking for a lighting tutorial or book. I want to improve my understanding of lighting and how it plays a part in how shadows.
Arison

Postby Bloomer » February 13th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Arison wrote:So I am looking for a lighting tutorial or book. I want to improve my understanding of lighting and how it plays a part in how shadows.

Can't do much to help, but there are a few links I have.

Link(Unfortunately this is more for digital art, but it may help)
Link
Link
Link (Don't worry, there aren't any viruses attached to these, and they're actually really helpful, imo)

What works best for me is just referencing the real thing, if I can't go out and do some quick sketches I references photos. Good luck.
Bloomer

Postby Arison » February 13th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Bloomer wrote: Can't do much to help, but there are a few links I have.

Link(Unfortunately this is more for digital art, but it may help)
Link
Link
Link (Don't worry, there aren't any viruses attached to these, and they're actually really helpful, imo)

What works best for me is just referencing the real thing, if I can't go out and do some quick sketches I references photos. Good luck.

Bloomer you have been a wonderful resource thanks so much :D
The first one was amazing. Since I am currently at work and they block most of the sites. So I can't see the others. I will definitely check them out after work.
Arison

Postby eishiya » February 13th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Arison wrote:So I am looking for a lighting tutorial or book. I want to improve my understanding of lighting and how it plays a part in how shadows.

Obligatory.
eishiya

Postby Arison » February 13th, 2016, 8:24 pm

eishiya wrote:Obligatory.

You just linked me to a bible! That is amazing.
Arison

Postby Arison » February 13th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Is there a topic about legal contracts? I have searched other sites for examples, but I am curious as to what other comic artist and writers consider here.
Arison

Postby MsSteam » April 13th, 2016, 2:57 am

I haven't seen anyone mention this site, but I may have missed a mention of it. Either way, I thought I'd share:
http://www.makingcomics.com
It's pretty thorough in what it covers, so it seems like a good resource.
MsSteam

PreviousNext

Return to Art Tutorials & Techniques