Adalsysla

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

Adalsysla

Postby nannuz » December 20th, 2013, 7:42 am

I'd like to nominate http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=96496 for the spotlight.
Adalsysla is an original comic with fun, multi-dimensional characters. The story is set in 17th century Estonia, and the thoroughness of the research the author has conducted truly is impressive, however, as the author has said herself, she's not trying to teach history, but shortly, that the story is "about a sad guy and a mermaid girl who are trying to find what makes them happy". In reality of course the comic is about a lot more than that. It's got some interesting LGBTQ+ themes, ladies who are disgusted by the thought of marrying, characters who you're not sure whether they're villains or not, cute dorks, boys & girls who are perfectly fine with just being friends, mythological creatures, etc!

Adalsysla has been running since Feb 2011, and updates twice a week. It has over 200 pages, and just 48 fans! I truly believe such a great comic deserves more attention.
I can only hope my promo managed to do it some justice... I..I'm not great with words "orz

Thank you!
nannuz

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions