Taco El Gato Is Super-Taco!

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

Taco El Gato Is Super-Taco!

Postby John Gatehouse » March 8th, 2014, 4:55 am

Morning all! :) :)

Hands up all those who hate CGI animation??

Right, that's ALL of us then! :D :D

No one can tell me that ANY computer animated film or TV series can compare to the genius of 2D animation, especially that of the Warner Bros. output of the 40s and 50s and the original Tom & Jerry cartoons. CGI animation is used only because it is cheap - that's all. And it shows. It looks awful, stilted, and possesses no charm, warmth or personality.

2D animation, by comparison is vibrant, alive and every drawing imbued with the love of the animator drawing it. I work in the business and I HATE CGI animation with a passion.

Which is why I absolutely LOVE Taco El Gato Is Super-Taco!! Cartoonist Candy Briones has created a series and characters that harks warmly back to the "classic" cartoons (you know, the ones that were any good!). Her art style is reminiscent of the great animators of yesteryear, including Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, Bob Clampett and all the OTHER greats of the industry. (Respect, dudes!)

Taco El Gato himself is a wonderful invention, in the mold of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, where the character can be anything he wants, in any story. In his latest adventure Taco is a raher inept super hero. (Those are always the best! :lol: :lol: ) The action is fast and furious, the story genuinely funny (and sweet! :D ) and Candy brings back something desperately missing in todays's cartoons - gratuitous cartoon violence!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (The Do-Gooders have REALLY destroyed cartoons nowdays! Guuurrr!! :evil: :evil: )

So do yourself a favor - check out Taco El Gato Is Super-Taco and experience the TRUE quality of animated cartoons in comic strip form! :D :D You'll be glad you did! :mrgreen:

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=139187

John Gatehouse 8-) & Mogs :twisted: :twisted:
John Gatehouse

Re: Taco El Gato Is Super-Taco!

Postby candiliciouscartoons » March 9th, 2014, 12:10 am

:D :D Oh Shucks! Thank you, John! Wow! :D :D I really appreciate it!
candiliciouscartoons

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions