Femme Schism

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

Femme Schism

Postby Sinistmer » May 21st, 2014, 10:49 pm

Femme Schism is an engaging comic that follows an indigenous woman named Loto, who must tolerate a Christian missionary as she fights to secure a religion and place for her tribe. While the comic addresses a number of heavy issues (including racism, misogyny, and abuse), the artist TIffany Pascal does a great job of blending them into an engaging story. Strengths include character development (I always learn something new that forces me to re-evaluate my assessment of them), the action-packed plot, and art style.

Check it out if you have not read it!

http://femmeschism.smackjeeves.com
Sinistmer

Re: Femme Schism

Postby omegaman » May 22nd, 2014, 12:48 am

I suggest Femme Schism be spotlighted: Tiffany takes on some tough topics and shines a light on them in a way I'd not considered. Do I agree with all of her ideas? No. But she tells these stories so well, that I am compelled to see what comes next .. I may actually be learning something while being entertained! :D
omegaman

Postby maokh » May 22nd, 2014, 9:16 pm

I am also for Femme Schism being highlighted! The most underrated indie comic i am aware of. I was apart of Tiffany's successful kickstarter, and happy to see this comic span out to 5 books (and counting).
maokh

Postby piimapakk » May 31st, 2014, 2:53 pm

I'm definitely thirding this! The art and story are both engaging and easy to read (which to me personally is an important part of comics), while also teaching a lesson. I'm really really fond of Femme Schism and Tiffany's other works as well.
piimapakk

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions