StrangeWorld for Comic Spotlight!

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

StrangeWorld for Comic Spotlight!

Postby StrangeWorldComic » March 22nd, 2017, 5:24 pm

I nominate my comic StrangeWorld for the comic spotlight!

What the heck is this?!

StrangeWorld is a parody/gag comic inspired by the Mangaka ONE (Creator of One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100).

The setting is a world, very much like our own, that was hit by a meteorite 40-or so years ago. The meteor released a myterious virus that mutated all organic life on earth. These mutations are can only be awoken under very specific circumstances (Eg: eating a rotten apple or being hit with a baseball in the nuts). The story follows the dark vampire Axel Bloodhenge, and the metaphorical dumpster fire that is Floyd Rolo on their journey to discover the secrets of the world they live in.

Here's why I think my comic deserves a place on the Comic Spotlight:

In under a week it got to 160 returning readers, 4,700 page views and 585 unique visitors. That means that people come back to my comic very often.

I aim to upload a page a day, and haven't failed yet!

It includes such memorable characters as: The WeedWacker, Upset Television, Sheriff Centipede and, of course, Axel Bloodhenge and Floyd Rolo.

I try my hardest to vary my jokes/gags to that it appeals to the widest audience possible.

The art is bad, but in a way that adds to the jokes.

If that isn't enough maybe this should sweeten the deal: A drawing of my character Axel being a rad dude on his skateboard (THIS IS NON CANON PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS IS CANON)

http://i.imgur.com/Dp4Zc9L.png
Last edited by StrangeWorldComic on March 22nd, 2017, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StrangeWorldComic

Re: StrangeWorld for Comic Spotlight!

Postby asterowave » March 22nd, 2017, 5:26 pm

Let's get this comic on the front page! One of my favorite parody comics I've ever read so far, and I'd love to see more!
asterowave

Strangeworld

Postby demfae » March 22nd, 2017, 5:28 pm

Being a close friend of the author and cowriter of the comic I've been able to stick around for a good amount of the creative process and see for myself all of the hard work that is put into it.
The characters are extremely memorable and recognizable (not to mention lovable), and the comedy hasn't failed to make me laugh out loud yet.
I see the potential that Strangeworld has to offer and I think that given the amazingly strong start it definitely deserves to be recognized.
demfae

Postby eishiya » March 22nd, 2017, 6:40 pm

Hey you guys, please keep it to one thread. Making multiple threads for the same comic won't help it get spotlit - if anything, it might hurt its chances if the support is split between multiple threads.
I've deleted the posts in the readme topic, as they were duplicates and that's not where nominations go.

In addition, StrangeWorldComic, please don't embed images larger than 700x700, it's against the forum rules. This goes for your self-promo thread as well. You'll have better luck with the people of a community if you respect its rules and etiquette :]
eishiya

Postby StrangeWorldComic » March 22nd, 2017, 6:50 pm

eishiya wrote:Hey you guys, please keep it to one thread. Making multiple threads for the same comic won't help it get spotlit - if anything, it might hurt its chances if the support is split between multiple threads.
I've deleted the posts in the readme topic, as they were duplicates and that's not where nominations go.

In addition, StrangeWorldComic, please don't embed images larger than 700x700, it's against the forum rules. This goes for your self-promo thread as well. You'll have better luck with the people of a community if you respect its rules and etiquette :]

Yeah sorry dude, I'm new to the website so I messed up posting it a few times haha. Thanks for fixing that for me!

I'll remove the huge image too :)
StrangeWorldComic

Postby artofjoe » November 29th, 2017, 9:30 am

This is a good comic, very funny and deserving of some more fans.
artofjoe

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions