AKRAV

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

AKRAV

Postby Akkateerel » August 4th, 2017, 11:17 am

Hello!

EDIT: First I'd like to apologize for making it look like I'm not one of the creators of the comic, I am just really convinced of our webcomic and its quality, so I want to promote it. Please give it a chance anyways, despite my rude behaviour.
I'm using my personal account for this and I am fixing this post.

I'd like to nominate AKRAV (https://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=166909), which is done by a team of two creators (one of who is me) and is a sort of Mad Max style comic about a group of lizardmen freeing slaves and going on a journey to have more adventures (according to the plot so far).
The characters are extremely expressive and likeable and the expressions are very funny! We have so many things planned for this story, so even if it isn't quite clear yet where the story will go, believe me that it's worth sticking around for it.

It is now over 150 pages strong and the art has improved a lot from the beginning to nowadays. We also just recently started to change the lettering style to improve the comic even further.
Also it updates twice a week and so far it's got only like 30 fans and not even 200 readers. I feel like it deserves more attention and some spotlight, so receiving some support would be amazing!

Thanks for reading my suggestion
Last edited by Akkateerel on August 4th, 2017, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akkateerel

Re: AKRAV

Postby eishiya » August 4th, 2017, 11:26 am

It would be polite to disclose that you're involved in the comic and aren't just a fan who happens to like the comic. Your post seems deliberately misleading about that fact. Please don't do that! Self-nominations are acceptable, you don't have to pretend to be someone else! This sort of thing just makes you and the comic look bad D:
eishiya

Postby Akkateerel » August 4th, 2017, 12:00 pm

I'd like to apologize for this, I am just really intimidated by the rules of this forum and the fact that wanting to promote your own comic is a bad thing?
So I used this old account for it, please give the comic a chance anyways, despite my rude behaviour which I'm really sorry for.
I fixed my initial post and still ask for a spotlight on Smackjeeves because I am very proud of our comic and am working really hard on it, so promotional support would be really appreciated by both of us.
Akkateerel

Postby eishiya » August 4th, 2017, 12:20 pm

Wanting to promote your comic isn't a bad thing! There's an entire Self-Promotion forum here for that.

The Spotlight Suggestions forum, however, isn't meant as a self-promotion tool, because the Self-Promotion forum already serves that purpose. It's meant to be a way for readers to give back to comic they like by helping them gain more readers. Suggestions by authors are allowed because many deserving comics lack savvy-enough readers who'd nominate them, but they're frowned upon because nearly all authors are interested in getting their comic out there, so of course they'd nominate themselves. Authors already have the Self-Promotion forum as a way to get word about their comic out, so it wouldn't be right for authors to take over a second forum.

The Spotlight Suggestions forum is just an extra way for readers to bring good comics to Admin's attention anyway; it's not the only way to get your comic spotlit. You'll find that many spotlit comics don't have nomination threads at all! Those comics got noticed by Admin by updating regularly and having an appealing cover and effective description, and by their authors engaging with other comics and users on the site through their comics and/or the forum. Engaging with the community is probably the best free way to get more readers anyway. Don't just post your comic and leave it at that, read and comment on other comics, check out the forum, etc! Webcomics depend on their communities, and their communities are all intertwined.
eishiya

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions