MONSTER BOY

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

MONSTER BOY

Postby MourningGloves » October 16th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Image

Comic link:
http://monsterboy.smackjeeves.com

Hi guys! this is my first time posting here, and I literally only made an account so I could make this post.
I'll get straight to the point! :D

Why I think Monsterboy is good and deserves a spotlight!:

The story is about Tobias Bennett, who's kind of an outsider because people in his school perceive him as a weird guy and a loner with an attitude. it's an absolute pleasure to read this story and follow Tobias' journey.
Monsterboy tells you a story you feel like you've heard before, but in a modern and new way that gives you great insight of youths struggles today. The main theme seems to be bullying, fitting in, finding yourself and relationships (whatever friendship, romantic, toxic or positive), things that people today deal with a lot! and need to be exposed more to.
Last edited by MourningGloves on October 16th, 2017, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MourningGloves
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 16th, 2017, 11:10 am
Location: Sweden

Re: MONSTER BOY

Postby eishiya » October 16th, 2017, 1:10 pm

I want to support this nomination because I enjoy the comic, but you made it knowing it's not yet eligible, and your whole post comes off as a promo rather than a nomination D: So many irrelevant links.
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Re: MONSTER BOY

Postby MourningGloves » October 16th, 2017, 1:19 pm

eishiya wrote:I want to support this nomination because I enjoy the comic, but you made it knowing it's not yet eligible, and your whole post comes off as a promo rather than a nomination D: So many irrelevant links.


Hi! :D Thanks for the response and the feedback!
I have no idea what the difference is to be honest, between a promo and a nomination D:> ;;; aaah, could you give me some pointers so I can fix the post? I really want Monsterboy to get a nomination! ;^;
I'm new here and I'm not sure Im doing this right! pointers would be helpful ;w; <3

I removed some irrelevant links too! I hope that's better? :O
MourningGloves
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 16th, 2017, 11:10 am
Location: Sweden

Re: MONSTER BOY

Postby eishiya » October 16th, 2017, 2:13 pm

A promotional post's goal is to sell the comic to potential readers, who are probably already in the mood to find something new to read and just need to see whether a comic matches their tastes. A nomination for the spotlight just needs to show one person - the Admin - that the comic's something special, regardless of what it's about. The very act of nominating it in the first place does most of that for you.

You only really need these things for a nomination, which you already have:
- The comic's title and a link to it. Optionally, include links to both the comic's site and its SJ profile for convenience.
- Why you think it's good and what makes it special/unique to you.

You do not need any of this stuff you included:
- Update days and other metadata. It's in the comic's profile, and Admin would be checking the recorded data rather than the intended update schedule anyway.
- Art samples. They don't hurt, but Admin will be looking at the comic anyway.
- Anything about the author, it has no bearing on the comic being spotlit.
- Links to anything other than the comic's SJ site, such as the Discord, links to the comic on other sites, etc. That stuff belongs on the comic's website and has no relevance to it being spotlit.

Lastly, not following the rules is a good way to kill the nomination xP When nominating things in the future, please wait until the comic is actually eligible.


As a side note, some of the stuff you included would be irrelevant even in a promo post :D It just makes the post too long and could scare people off instead of drawing them in. Existing fan clubs, info about the author, all that's only relevant to people who are already into the comic, so it's good to have on the comic's website, but not in promotion stuff. For promotion, think of it this way: what does someone who doesn't know anything about the comic need to know/see to become interested in checking it out? Include that, and nothing more.
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Re: MONSTER BOY

Postby MourningGloves » October 16th, 2017, 2:31 pm

eishiya wrote:A promotional post's goal is to sell the comic to potential readers, who are probably already in the mood to find something new to read and just need to see whether a comic matches their tastes. A nomination for the spotlight just needs to show one person - the Admin - that the comic's something special, regardless of what it's about. The very act of nominating it in the first place does most of that for you.

You only really need these things for a nomination, which you already have:
- The comic's title and a link to it. Optionally, include links to both the comic's site and its SJ profile for convenience.
- Why you think it's good and what makes it special/unique to you.

You do not need any of this stuff you included:
- Update days and other metadata. It's in the comic's profile, and Admin would be checking the recorded data rather than the intended update schedule anyway.
- Art samples. They don't hurt, but Admin will be looking at the comic anyway.
- Anything about the author, it has no bearing on the comic being spotlit.
- Links to anything other than the comic's SJ site, such as the Discord, links to the comic on other sites, etc. That stuff belongs on the comic's website and has no relevance to it being spotlit.

Lastly, not following the rules is a good way to kill the nomination xP When nominating things in the future, please wait until the comic is actually eligible.

As a side note, some of the stuff you included would be irrelevant even in a promo post :D It just makes the post too long and could scare people off instead of drawing them in. Existing fan clubs, info about the author, all that's only relevant to people who are already into the comic, so it's good to have on the comic's website, but not in promotion stuff. For promotion, think of it this way: what does someone who doesn't know anything about the comic need to know/see to become interested in checking it out? Include that, and nothing more.



Oh!! Oh goodness! D: I see! then I've done quite a mishap there I think. these are very good pointers, thanks! I've never made a post like this before, and reading the rules I just thought I was supposed to add in as much as I thought. Perhaps it would've been wiser to look at what others had posted first D:
I'll edit the post then! Thanks for letting me know! ;u; (even if the comic isn't eligible, can I let this post remain? Im not sure how to delete it ;w; )
But really, thank you for being patient with me and taking your time to reply! it's very helpful!
MourningGloves
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 16th, 2017, 11:10 am
Location: Sweden

Re: MONSTER BOY

Postby eishiya » October 16th, 2017, 5:47 pm

I can delete it for you, but I figure we might as well let it stick around since it's not long until the comic is eligible. Bump it back up once page 30 is up :D
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Re: MONSTER BOY

Postby MourningGloves » October 17th, 2017, 3:36 pm

eishiya wrote:I can delete it for you, but I figure we might as well let it stick around since it's not long until the comic is eligible. Bump it back up once page 30 is up :D


oh gosh thank you! ;w; <333 I don't want to violate any rules or make trouble for you, so please leave it as it is or delete - whichever you see most fit!
Thank you for being so patient with me! ;w;
MourningGloves
 
Posts: 4
Joined: October 16th, 2017, 11:10 am
Location: Sweden


Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests