The Best of Bad Decisions

Nominate outstanding comics to be spotlighted here.

The Best of Bad Decisions

Postby Oly-RRR » May 26th, 2018, 10:09 pm

At the risk of being that annoying person who nominates too many comics* I'd like to nominate The Best of Bad Decisions! :)

This is a completed comic. The art might be somewhat raw from the start but we get a chance to see the artist grow as the comic goes on and the story more than makes up for the art flaws. I think it's actually inspiring for other webcomic artists to see a comic that didn't start out perfect but was finished, grew over time and reads well as an entire thing.

To quote the artist's description, the story is about
The mistakes and misadventures of Kid on his quest to become a leader. A leader of just what, he's not quite sure. Neither coyote nor wolf, he is accompanied by Ire, his sister, and whatever unfortunate individuals agree (or get talked into) joining him. Hilarity and bad decisions ensue.

The story naturally anthropomorphises animals to a certain degree but keeps a nice balance between showing animals being animals in their natural environment and dealing with issues relatable to a lot of readers, such as broken families, loss of loved ones and a search of identity. In my opinion it's very much in the spirit of classics of the genre such as Watership Down and Plague Dogs.

I was trying to choose between nominating this comic and the currently running comic of the same artist but this one is finished and honestly I just absolutely loved this story so I think it deserves more readers.

*And yeah, I'm all over comment sections of most comics I recommend but both commenting and suggesting comics for Spotlight are my way of giving something back to people whose work I enjoyed when I can't support them monetarily. I worry if it might look biased but at the end of the day liking anything is being at least a bit biased. :P
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Re: The Best of Bad Decisions

Postby Songdog » May 28th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Don't know if it's customary to say thank you but thank you for the recommendation!
Songdog

Re: The Best of Bad Decisions

Postby Oly-RRR » May 28th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Songdog wrote:Don't know if it's customary to say thank you but thank you for the recommendation!

Thank you for sharing your comic! :mrgreen: And honestly I dunno if it's customary either, I just decided to battle my shyness and start suggesting comics I like more often - I mean who else if not regular readers?
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Return to Comic Spotlight Suggestions